Tricross Tyres

Wallace1492
Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
edited April 2010 in Commuting chat
Yes, I know this has been talked about before...
Currently I run 28c Marathon Plus, and find them great for commuting.

However, doing the Etape Caledonia in a few weeks and think they may be a little heavy for the 81 miles.

Any suggestions for a lighter, thinner tyre that will still fit the Tricross?

Cheers!
"Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"

Comments

• CarlosD
    CarlosD Posts: 9
    hello,

Probably recommend the continental Gatorskin 28c? or even 25 because they look thicker than they actually say!

Thanks
  • Aguila
    Aguila Posts: 622
    Conti GP4000s, very nice tyres.
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    Just changed from mp to 28 Bontrager Hardcases, still give good protection but are lighter, roll better and are cheap at All Terrain Cycles.
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Hi Chris, I have 25mm Continental GP 4 Seasons on my Tricross for commuting which are fine for doing sportives. I'm also doing the Etape Caledonia but with my other bike which has Continental GP4000s.

Either is just as good for the event I reckon, but I think the 4 seasons will be better suited for commuting if you're after a multi-purpose tyre.
  • Vittoria Rubino Pro. You won't regret it.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Right, gone for the Gatorskin 25C, look good, and going cheap on ChainReation....

Should really get a light road bike, but still got some weight to lose of me before I need to start reducing weight of bike! Maybe next year..... The again might dust down my old Raleigh Elan.....

Cheers everyone!

Oh, and if you can spare a few quid, I am raising funds for MacMillan Cancer Support.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • scrumpydave
    scrumpydave Posts: 143
    I used Vittoria Rubino Pros in 25c for a while on my original Tricross wheels. Since then I've bought a dedicated set of road wheels and continue to use the Rubinos. Great tyres.
    Riding the Etape du Tour for Beating Bowel Cancer - click to donate http://bit.ly/P9eBbM