Crud Roadracer spares.

square_wheels
square_wheels Posts: 9
edited November 2010 in Workshop
I'm trying to get hold of a replacement front lower section for my Crud Roadracer but can't find anywhere that stocks the individual parts.

I looked at the Crud Products website but that justs has very a unhelpful spares page. A picture of the guards labelled with the part names, no prices and just a message stating "Send one first class stamp per part" - is that all they cost?? Who knows!! Oh and they haven't replied to my message sent via their online contact form and there's no phone number either!

Can anyone help???
The wheels on the bike go round and round....

Comments

• Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    Yes - just send the stamps and the parts will be sent out. We've had about 3 lots sent out now....
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    IIRC the only place to get them will be direct from Pete Tompkins. When they were first released back in September he frequented here quite often helping people with problems and getting feedback from the users. Give him some time, he might not be in the office.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    As Ands said just send covering letter with which parts you require the requisite number of stamps and lo and behold the spares will be sent within a few days.

This is my experience and although they are not far from me I don't think that made any difference.

I believe they work on the principle that the guards are designed to break so as not to damage any more expensive part of the bike and therefore the replacements are free with only postage to pay.

Go on go for it, you know you want too.
  • Hals1967
    Hals1967 Posts: 231
    Same problem here caught my toe on the front stay and it snapped (as it's designed to do). Didn't know about the replacement parts though - will be sending the requisite stamps !

That's pretty cool I think.

1967 Engine
  • Stellite
    Stellite Posts: 544
    I managed to get a stick through the spokes and the guard shattered like is designed to do.
    I emaild Pete Tompkins and he send me a new rear guard, just had to send some stamps.
  • All sounds good, will try my luck andsend in the stamps.
  • redvee
    I'm now on my second set, having broke the front guard at the top mount. They arrived at my Dad's place yesterday, having been sent there as he's home more than me and the bloody postie managed to get them to fit through the letterbox :shock: Hopefully no damage has occurred but I've emailed the seller advising them of the situation.
  • herusix
    herusix Posts: 55
    Personally I think the lower front bit is a bad design,mine disappeared whilst out on a ride,did not catch it anywhere just noted it was not there when I was putting the bike away.

I think a flexible bit of rubber like what the Crudguards on MTBs have would be better.
    Other than that they are a great design.
    Dialled Bikes Prince Albert MTB

Giant Bowery Inc lots of Upgrades

Project Concorde Road Bike
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    redvee

Must have same postie - perhaps not - mine were twisted when delivered but just left them in a warm room for a few hours and the straightened themselves out, clever buggers aren't they.
  • redvee
    Will see tomorrow when I see my Dad. TBH only need the main part of the guard and will have numerous spares, time for another plastic tub.
  • Have sent off the stamps and now waiting for the postie to see what comes back.

Thanks for the replies, it just seemed a bit unclear on the website what with no mention of prices etc.
  • Parts arrived within a few days, excellent service and the guards are great to use!
  • lfcquin
    lfcquin Posts: 470
    Did anyone find a phone number for Crud Products?

I sent off my 6 stamps last week and received back a replacement blade today. Unfortunately it is broken, and not just a little broken, I mean snapped in two and split right down the middle.

I am in a bit of a quandry now. Do I send another 6 stamps off and wait for another part or will they send a replacement part for the one broken in the post? Judging by the quality of the packaging then I could end up with quite a few broken parts before this gets resolved. Personally I'd rather pay a bit more for the service to be certain the part gets here in one piece.

Anybody got any experience of broken spares and how to contact them? I have dropped them a message via the website, but following the OP's comments, I am not too confident I will get a reply.
  • lfcquin
    lfcquin Posts: 470
    Well, regardless of what the OP said, the Crud guys got back to my message on the website and are sending out another part today. Fingers crossed this one makes it in one peice.

No need for phone number. :D