Canary Wharf commuters beware

Retch
Retch Posts: 78
edited April 2010 in Commuting chat
The "cyclist safety checks" (or so the sign says) aka RLJ patrols are out in force this week on the estate.

Obviously stopping at red lights in this weather allows one to admire the passing totty, so choose track standing and sucking in all manner of gut.
FCN 5ish. Unless hungover.

Comments

• Retch wrote:
    Obviously stopping at red lights in this weather allows one to admire the passing totty, so choose track standing and sucking in all manner of gut.

OI! Who are you calling totty?????? :wink:
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Haven't seen the police out stopping cyclists in the City for ages... They used to have the occasional blitz, hiding slightly behind buildings and then pouncing. A colleague got stopped somewhere near Clapham a couple of days ago though.
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    We'll call you totty if it makes you happier!

I'm Ok doing the admiring the totty, its sucking in the stomach roll (or loaf as my daughter has taken to calling it) I find hard!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,196
    Retch wrote:
    Obviously stopping at red lights in this weather allows one to admire the passing totty
    Hell, this is probably the main reason a lot of us non-RLJ'ers stop at the lights in the first place. 'Rubbernecking' on the move can be dangerous :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Retch wrote:
    Obviously stopping at red lights in this weather allows one to admire the passing totty
    Hell, this is probably the main reason a lot of us non-RLJ'ers stop at the lights in the first place. 'Rubbernecking' on the move can be dangerous :P

Unless your lucky enough to find the "totty" on a bike, in which case you can get a nice long look (and draft if your a pansy.....)

Only had a couple of occasions like this tho, the best being the attractive brunette I pulled up alongside on Denmark Hill after she came out the hospital. Lovely Giant road bike which she tried to trackstand but then commented "Can't do this without the proper shoes" and I then realized she wasn't in her clipless shoes ;-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266

She's right of course.

We need pictures to confirm status.

I'm minging by the way - no pictures required.
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Greg T wrote:

She's right of course.

We need pictures to confirm status.

Ian_Hislop.jpg

But with less hair.......;-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    Greg T wrote:

Ian_Hislop.jpg

But with less hair.......;-)

Good looking man that...
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,196
    Unless your lucky enough to find the "totty" on a bike, in which case you can get a nice long look (and draft if your a pansy.....)

Only had a couple of occasions like this tho, the best being the attractive brunette I pulled up alongside on Denmark Hill after she came out the hospital. Lovely Giant road bike which she tried to trackstand but then commented "Can't do this without the proper shoes" and I then realized she wasn't in her clipless shoes ;-)
    Looks like I'll have to 'fess up to being a pansy then :D

I used to live further up Denmark hill in my younger days, very handy for (a) the old Phoenix & Firkin pub that used to brew it's own deadly nightshade type beer and (b) the large nurses accommodation in the area for the hospital. I'll refrain the quip about hospital bicycles :twisted:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]