Bike Park in SE England

Abnormal
Abnormal Posts: 20
edited May 2010 in Routes
Hello All

I had heard about a "bike park" near(ish) Tunbridge Wells in Kent SE England but i have forgotten the name of it and am having trouble locating it.
Does anyone know what its called as i have told my mates about it and now i look like a bit of numpty?
Specialized Rochopper Comp 09
(Few mods)

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,493
    Could be PORC (Penshurst Off Road Club) ?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Abnormal
    I don't think so:( this is a specific bike friendly woodland with some north shore stuff and singletrack but for the life of me I can't remember it's name!
    (Few mods)
  • Stevo_666
    Bedgebury Forest? (See my other thread a bit further down this page). That has good singletrack and a bit of northshore.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Abnormal
    I could not say if this is it or not but i have checked it out on the net and i will definately be checking it out next week. Looks good.
    Cheers for that Stevo 666
    (Few mods)
  • Bewl Water is a big nature park with some trails, not sure about northshore but the whole area is surrounded by forests & countryside..
    Why oh why do onions make you cry?
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    it'll be bedgebury. it's next to bewl, which has a nice gentle loop around it too.
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • Stevo_666
    it'll be bedgebury. it's next to bewl, which has a nice gentle loop around it too.
    I'd say Bewl is the gentle loop, Bedge has more of a mix of trails on the main 'red' route, but is still do-able by most. They are close enough to do both on bike so you can try both in one day :)
  • bike-a-swan
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'd say Bewl is the gentle loop,

I thought I said that...
  • Abnormal
    Are you able to get a map anywhere of Bedge? Do they have some sort of visitor centre so I know where I'm going or has anyone got any inside info on best way to tackle it?
    (Few mods)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I thought I said that...
    Whoops - thought you meant Bedge had the gentle loop (and was next to Bewl).....
  • Stevo_666
    Abnormal wrote:
    Are you able to get a map anywhere of Bedge? Do they have some sort of visitor centre so I know where I'm going or has anyone got any inside info on best way to tackle it?
    Yep, there is a visitor centre that dishes out trail maps but it costs £8 to park there :shock: There only one main trail the 'red route' which is a big 9 mile or so loop that's easy to find and pretty well signed. You might find a trail map somewhere on the interweb.
  • nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    You might find a trail map somewhere on the interweb.

On the Bedgebury section of my website (in sig below).

There is a lot of northshore at Esher Shore as well but not as close to Tunbridge Wells
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • bike-a-swan
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I thought I said that...
    Whoops - thought you meant Bedge had the gentle loop (and was next to Bewl).....

that little loop round the reservoir is, as I believe the parlance is, 'sick to the power of rad'.

or not.