You know that nightmare...

Kieran_Burns
Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
edited April 2010 in Commuting chat
When you find yourself walking 'round the office naked?

Well.... (no DON'T panic!) now I'm in my Summer gear... bib shorts and loose MTB style short-sleeve top it REALLY feels like I've got nothing on. :shock:

I had this surreal moment as I walked into the main (open plan) office at 9 this morning (late starts this week) and it was full of people. I actually did a double take and looked down just to make sure. :roll:

That really isn't something you want to experience first thing in the morning! :? :lol:
Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
2011 Trek Madone 4.5
2012 Felt F65X
Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter

Comments

• nobunaga
    nobunaga Posts: 23
    My nightmares:

- stepping out of shower at work to realise that i did not bring a towel
    - same situation as above but clothing (yes, have had to work in cycling shorts teamed up with a shirt and on occasions base layers with skirts)

But by far the worst was when I dropped my underwear in plain sight on the floor when I walked to the shower room from my desk.

Sometimes it just sucks to be me.
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    :lol:
    FCN = 4
  • derosa
    derosa Posts: 2,819
    nobunaga wrote:
    My nightmares:

- same situation as above but clothing (yes, have had to work in cycling shorts teamed up with a shirt and on occasions base layers with skirts)

But by far the worst was when I dropped my underwear in plain sight on the floor when I walked to the shower room from my desk.

You have a shower at work :shock:

Big H

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    derosa wrote:
    nobunaga wrote:
    My nightmares:

You have a shower at work :shock:

That's the other freaky thing for me - our new shower room is where the old rest room was... it's a very odd feeling being all lathered up where people would sit and have a coffee only a few weeks ago
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Alas in spite of our move to new offices we are still showerless - as I ride a lot faster on my commute this year than I did last I hope that changes before the summer otherwise I'll end up with an office to myself - now there's a plan :twisted:
  • derosa
    derosa Posts: 2,819
    Alas in spite of our move to new offices we are still showerless - as I ride a lot faster on my commute this year than I did last I hope that changes before the summer otherwise I'll end up with an office to myself - now there's a plan :twisted:

We are also showerless. Thank God I do have an office to myself :lol:

Big H

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
  • Retch
    Retch Posts: 78
    I have a recurring nightmare on the way into work that I've not got my locker key. And that equals no towel, no clothes, nada.

Have previously had to pop to the shops for a shirt or some pants. I wouldn't recommend going commando with grey trousers on gents.
    FCN 5ish. Unless hungover.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    I've been down to t-shirt and trousers for a while now, only 5 miles so no lycra at that distance.
  • Kallaen
    Kallaen Posts: 43
    Well my nightmare is going on right now. Can't ride my bike, because of a overload of my knees. (Spell?)
    But I've tried a little ride with only bib shorts and a short sleeve, exactly the same nakedness feeling. Just can't wait for my next ride, waiting is more painfull than the pain I get from my knees when trying to ride the bike.
    nobunaga wrote:
    My nightmares:

In those circumstances you just have to hope its really cool underwear and not grey Y-fronts :)
  • nobunaga wrote:
    My nightmares:

In those circumstances you just have to hope its really cool underwear and not grey Y-fronts :)
    That might be doubly embarrassing to nobunaga as that might mean some bloke has her undies!
  • fenboy369
    fenboy369 Posts: 425
    Current nightmare, its now four months off the bike due to being knocked off in December. Hurry up solicitors and get me an interim payment! Once an interim payment arrives, the next nightmare will be trying to explain to Mrs Fenboy why I need a carbon planet-x...
    '11 Cannondale Synapse 105CD - FCN 4
    '11 Schwinn Corvette - FCN 15?
    '09 Pitch Comp - FCN (why bother?) 11
    '07 DewDeluxe (Bent up after being run over) - FCN 8
  • FeynmanC
    FeynmanC Posts: 649
    That's easy! You could have gone faster/ swerved more / braked quicker on the carbon planet x and avoided this whole sorry episode.

If she complains it means she WANTS you to get knocked off again!
    us0.png
  • fenboy369
    fenboy369 Posts: 425
    Like it! And I wouldnt use that route on proper roadie, I 'd come a different way.
    I think she paid the guy to run me over anyway. She wanted the life insurance money to buy more shoes and handbags! :wink:
    '11 Cannondale Synapse 105CD - FCN 4
    '11 Schwinn Corvette - FCN 15?
    '09 Pitch Comp - FCN (why bother?) 11
    '07 DewDeluxe (Bent up after being run over) - FCN 8
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    fenboy369 wrote:
    Like it! And I wouldnt use that route on proper roadie, I 'd come a different way.
    I think she paid the guy to run me over anyway. She wanted the life insurance money to buy more shoes and handbags! :wink:

FINALLY she lissens to me :twisted: :lol:
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    nobunaga wrote:
    My nightmares:

That might be doubly embarrassing to nobunaga as that might mean some bloke has her undies!

Probably not as embassing as it is for the bloke :roll:

Not a word Mr Burns - I know what you're thinking
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    My brother in law, Gwyn, had a huge house and cottage, totally isolated in N.Wales.
    He had a local young local guy deliver logs for the open fires one Winters morning.

The night before he had a "party" with his 60's mates and ladies. Just then, Liz, and 60's flower-power child walked from the cottage to the house...totally topless.

The young lad said, "So, what's going on here then?"
    Gwyn said, "Oh, it's just a party."
    The lad said, "Oh yes...You need a lot of logs for THESE sort of parties..."

Bet he thought he was dreaming/having a nightmare !!!!
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    You know that feeling when you read a post and think you've missed a couple of crucial ones...?

I've got that feeling now Splottboy!!
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Dreams...nightmares? Was in the posts title.

It's just that my brain works....sortta...differently, to anyone elses!

Now off to watch the Tour of Romandy, whilst doing a circuit training/fitness session in my gym. Day off today. Mrs strimming the grass...Good girl!

See...differently.
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Splottboy wrote:
    Mrs strimming the grass...Good girl!

See...differently.

Quite...! :oops:
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...