Anyone got an RX8....?

nstevo
nstevo Posts: 42
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
If so, how do you transport your bike? Have you found a rack that fits the car?

Comments

• waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542
    Don't have an RX-8 but do have a car which wouldn't take a normal bike rack. Ended up shelling out £300 to have a removable towbar fitted and then picked up a Thule 9502 for about £90. Expensive way to go but very secure and no issues with obscured lights or reg plate.
    Rules are for fools.
  • iPad
    iPad Posts: 112
    I do have an RX8, but I haven't found a bike rack for it yet, to transport bikes I use my girlfriend's Yaris.

I did ask a similar question to the RX8 owner's club, I was after a roof rack for my snowbaord, and someone pointed me in the direction of an inflatable roof rack type thing, but I son't think that would work for a bike.

When I get some time later I'll do some digging to see what I can find.
    I know the voices in my head aren't real, but they have such great ideas
  • Chrissz
    Chrissz Posts: 727
    Do the rear seats not fold down? I used to fit my bike (minus front wheel) into the back of my Supra no worries (I do the same in the Jag now).
  • Earn Cashback @ Wiggle, CRC, Evans, AW Cycles, Alpine Bikes, ProBikeKit, Cycles UK :

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/stewartmead
  • RufusA
    RufusA Posts: 500
    Wouldn't a Saris Bones fit - it was one of the few/only racks I could find that would fit an MX5 which has similar challenges to the RX8 in the rack department!

HTH - Rufus.
  • Former RX8 owner here and yes the Saris Bones will fit fine.

Be careful not to overload or the lower legs will dig into the bumper and make sure pedals are clear of the spoiler (or remove).

Ivan
  • iPad
    iPad Posts: 112
    @nstevo, did you get one in the end, if so which one and is it any good?

I went to trade my RX in for a 'normal' car at weekend, and when it came down to it, I just couldn't face parting with it, so I'm not in the market for a bike rack too (as we are about to replace our sensible Yaris with an MX5).
    I know the voices in my head aren't real, but they have such great ideas