Free to good home? 700x28C Marathon Plus - Bank Underground

WesternWay
WesternWay Posts: 564
edited April 2010 in Commuting chat
I hope people will forgive me for posting this here... It doesn't seem to fit anywhere else.

I have a completely unused tyre here; a Marathon Plus 700x28. Free to a good home if you can collect from my office by Bank tube station.

Comments

• davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Can do! You have PM
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • WesternWay
    Done and gone.

Two of you PM'd me, but you were just ahead :-)
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Free to a good home...

One used Shimano 8 speed chain...if you fit a new one on for me that I bought at lunchtime :D
  • WesternWay
    Ny coincidence I have *ahem* fitted two in the last week. I did one, didn't replace the casette. It slipped and creaked and was generally unhappy, so had to put another one on yesterday (but haven't ridden on it, I am going to do the cassette tonight and generally give it some TLC)

I am /hoping/ I can get this done without a chain whip.
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    WesternWay wrote:
    Done and gone.

Two of you PM'd me, but you were just ahead :-)

I hope you have verified thar davis will provide a GOOD home to that poor unwanted tyre. :twisted:
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • WesternWay wrote:
    Ny coincidence I have *ahem* fitted two in the last week. I did one, didn't replace the casette. It slipped and creaked and was generally unhappy, so had to put another one on yesterday (but haven't ridden on it, I am going to do the cassette tonight and generally give it some TLC)

I am /hoping/ I can get this done without a chain whip.

You'll be lucky!
  • WesternWay

You'll be lucky!

I shall attempt to jerry rig something out of the old chain :-)

Tyre all gone, collected done and dusted :-) That has to be some sort of a record

George
    :-)