Battersea Park Police Nazis

zrazzle
zrazzle Posts: 79
edited April 2010 in Commuting chat
Verbal warning for having a nice leisurely cycle in the park (was pretty empty at the time and was going very slow, you know, taking in the sights, taking in the sun). Apparently they get a lot of complaints from mothers. As the Nazi was taking my details a mother cycled by with a kid in the child seat. Don't think he saw the irony! F88k you Battersea Park Police!!

Or is it a real faux pas cycling in parks?? Total insanity!

Comments

• kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    If you were cycling in a part of the park where it is expressly forbidden, then I'm not sure what you have to complain about? Rule should be applied to everyone though.

http://www.batterseapark.org/html/cycling.html
  • zrazzle
    Well, my indignation perhaps isn't 100% authentic!

But, as I was walking the bike out I really did try and spot any no cycling signs but couldn't see any. Maybe I should have taken the time to go on that website beforehand, but as i'd seen other people cycling around, and the recumbents as mentioned on that link bombing freely around I figured it was ok!
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    So you break the law

Police man gives you a warning and you comp-lain

Grow up and accept you were wrong. Think yourself lucky you were not prosecuted instead
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    zrazzle wrote:
    Verbal warning for having a nice leisurely cycle in the park (was pretty empty at the time and was going very slow, you know, taking in the sights, taking in the sun). Apparently they get a lot of complaints from mothers. As the Nazi was taking my details a mother cycled by with a kid in the child seat. Don't think he saw the irony! F88k you Battersea Park Police!!

Or is it a real faux pas cycling in parks?? Total insanity!

On Saturday afternoon many of the mothers seemed unable to use their brakes or to ensure their children could too. It was the equivalent of cyclists taking evasive action (lots of space) to avoid a dog only for the dog to 'deliberately' run towards their wheels. I was jogging quite slowly with some club members too, so it's not as if we thought we were sprinters :roll:

Come to think of it, I didn't see any police but plenty of cyclists at all levels.
  • zrazzle
    @Wanda - public menaces!

@ the others - jeez chill out guys, was just sharing what I thought was a vaguely humerous story, with my 'comp-lain'ing being half in jest. I won't bother in future!
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    zrazzle as far as I remember there are plenty of bits of the park you are allowed to cycle in - so maybe it's a good idea to check first - website, noticeboard, etc. I also remember there used to be signs around the park stating where you could and where you couldn't cycle. it would be a good idea if the park management bothered to keep there signage up to date if they wish people to comply with their rules.
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    Wow, there's been some interesting editing in this thread...
  • Porgy
    I'm trying to say somehting...

but it keeps getting deleted - wonder if this is vague enough to survive... :lol:Admin: It seems not ;)
  • Porgy
    Porgy wrote:
    Admin: It seems not ;)
    Damn you :lol:
  • Porgy
    zrazzle wrote:
    Verbal warning for having a nice leisurely cycle in the park

:lol: Yup. Seems like your nazi lacks a sense of humour. Much like someone else i won't mention. :wink:
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,413
    Never 'appened, guv. Dunno whatcha talkin' 'bout
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Porgy
    "We've always been at war with Eastasia" :lol:
  • zrazzle
    lolzo, what did I start here! I did ask the guy if he was a cyclist and when he said no asked him why not. He said he didn't want to. Great story lady!