cycle to work.

sharm1969ca
sharm1969ca Posts: 136
edited April 2010 in Commuting chat
Right ive got my voucher, i called my bike shop to see roughly when the bike is to arrive (SURLY long haul trucker) and was told eta of 16th july! :( . I know the bike has to come from the usa but c'mon, wtf am i to do until then :( . not a happy bunny this morning now.

Comments

• Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Ouch! I feel your pain as I had a similar scenario last winter. Think of the joy when it finally arrives and in the meantime you can list all the bits and bobs you didn't realise you wanted to buy for it :wink:
  • Eau Rouge
    Eau Rouge Posts: 1,118
    My LBS ordered my bike a few weeks in advance of the voucher turning up so that I could have it as soon as possible. Only someone sent the wrong spec version of my bike to my LBS when it arrived. I would have happily taken the higher-spec bike, but the importer said no, so I had to wait an extra few weeks for the right bike to be sent over from Italy.
    I could not wait, but it was worth it when it finally arrived.
  • sharm1969ca
    i was planning on going from leeds to cumbria via kendal,windermere and bowness and ambleside on it in june but thats cocked that up for me. Ah well plan B me thinks and thats to go to the cycle show in york on 19/20th june to see what i can spend my hard earned on! :)
  • That's quite some time, shame they didn't have already in (I know Brixton Cycles always keep Surly's in stock) but I think it's a great bike, I am sure you'll love it when it arrives :)
  • sharm1969ca
    oh, i realy do hope so sals, :D