Bike trains - a retrograde step?

Cressers
Cressers Posts: 1,329
edited April 2010 in Campaign
Do we really want to huddle in fearful herds?

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/5016367. ... _unveiled/

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,696
    Cressers wrote:
    Do we really want to huddle in fearful herds?

/

panorama75S-vi.jpg
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    A few points to get the discussion going:

- much of the road that the 'train' travels along (the Lewes Rd) to the university has a really decent cycle lane (i.e. one that doesn't jump up and down the pavement every 100 yards). I agree that these trains are a good idea for school kids, but I think Uni student/worker can navigate the cycle lane safely;

- I saw the train on Monday morning during rush hour and there was a bloke on a penny farthing teetering along. Not convinced he was commuting anywhere - just there for the laugh and to terrify the motorists. (If penny-farthing-man is reading this and I'm wrong I humbly apologise). FWIW I decided I'd cycle a different way to work on Monday as I had no intention of pootling along at three miles an hour or joining in with my cycling 'brothers'. Motorists seem to hate us enough already without this;

- many of the comments following the Argus story are typical of the lunatics who post on its forums. It used to be a funny reading the rants on there but then you realise that occasionally the boorish c0cks might actually believe half of what they say! ( I hope my post doesn't read like theirs :oops: )

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Heckler1974
    Heckler1974 Posts: 479
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    - many of the comments following the Argus story are typical of the lunatics who post on its forums. It used to be a funny reading the rants on there but then you realise that occasionally the boorish c0cks might actually believe half of what they say! ( I hope my post doesn't read like theirs :oops: )

if I get any slow moments at work I pop on there, there are some real nutters knocking about, my favourite is the fella who sees a police based conspiracy angle in every single news story. :shock: