Selling my car

2»

Comments

• iPad
    iPad Posts: 112
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    That said, let me whet your appetite with a highly tuned version, just don't look at the price:
    http://www.caterham.co.uk/assets/html/showroom/superlightr500.html
    Ok, a bit pricey but 263bhp and 500kg gets my juices flowing 8). Seriously I've been in a few of these and even the 'lesser' models are a total hoot, just so light and flickable.

Alternatively, Westfields are cheaper, you can get one with the engine from a Suzuki Hayabusa (fastest production motorbike for a long time). 11,000 rpm and 6 speed sequential gearbox anyone?
    http://www.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/SErange/megabusa.html

You know you want one :twisted:

TO LATE...I looked at the price :shock:

But what a lovely lookign car, I've always liked Westfield's too.

But the problem with both is that I think you really need a garage, which I don't have.

Someone else mentioned Elise's and S2000, love them both but S2000 is too expensive (but VBH drive's one..hmmmm VBH) and I sat in an Elise one, and struggled to get out (not because it was too comfy, but becuase my hips weren't flexible enough).

What I need is something cheep, relaible, and above all FUN (why don't car review sites have a fun per £ rating), and I think I'm coming round to the idea of the MX5 that's been sitting in my Mum's garage for the last 4 months doing nothing, simples.
    I know the voices in my head aren't real, but they have such great ideas
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    iPad wrote:

What I need is something cheep, relaible, and above all FUN

Sounds like another bike it is then! Simples :wink:
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    iPad wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    That said, let me whet your appetite with a highly tuned version, just don't look at the price:
    Ok, a bit pricey but 263bhp and 500kg gets my juices flowing 8). Seriously I've been in a few of these and even the 'lesser' models are a total hoot, just so light and flickable.

Alternatively, Westfields are cheaper, you can get one with the engine from a Suzuki Hayabusa (fastest production motorbike for a long time). 11,000 rpm and 6 speed sequential gearbox anyone?

What I need is something cheep, relaible, and above all FUN (why don't car review sites have a fun per £ rating)..

The second I read that, I thought mx-5, as much as they don't look great they are apparently a hoot to drive & since you have one already doing nothing, use it!
  • MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    NGale wrote:

Also I use it far too much to get rid of it. Next month I have a drive to HMS Raleigh, this month I have done two jaunts to SCTC Weymouth, I couldn't do them without a car.

The idea is nice, the reality is another things altogether.

Would you need to own a car for those trips though...?
    Not having a go, just interested. I'd like to see car share clubs get a bit bigger here. I know I've missed off the rest of your post about your commute :wink:
  • iPad
    iPete wrote:
    iPad wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

What I need is something cheep, relaible, and above all FUN (why don't car review sites have a fun per £ rating)..

The second I read that, I thought mx-5, as much as they don't look great they are apparently a hoot to drive & since you have one already doing nothing, use it!

It's not mine, it belongs to my brother's girlfriend (it a long a boring story), so there would need to be an exchange of finanaces before I could use it, plus I would need to sell my RX8 first.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,196
    iPad wrote:

But the problem with both is that I think you really need a garage, which I don't have.

Someone else mentioned Elise's and S2000, love them both but S2000 is too expensive (but VBH drive's one..hmmmm VBH) and I sat in an Elise one, and struggled to get out (not because it was too comfy, but becuase my hips weren't flexible enough).

What I need is something cheep, relaible, and above all FUN (why don't car review sites have a fun per £ rating), and I think I'm coming round to the idea of the MX5 that's been sitting in my Mum's garage for the last 4 months doing nothing, simples.
    True, no garage is a no-no for most of these and even the ones with rag tops I would not fancy leaving out. Unfortunately my garage is half full of bike stuff so it's either/or...

You could do worse than an MX-5 - good drivers cars which have an undeserved 'hair dressers' image :) Or look at a Civic Type-R/Clio Cup if you don't mind tin tops.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • iPad
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    iPad wrote:

True, no garage is a no-no for most of these and even the ones with rag tops I would not fancy leaving out. Unfortunately my garage is half full of bike stuff so it's either/or...

You could do worse than an MX-5 - good drivers cars which have an undeserved 'hair dressers' image :) Or look at a Civic Type-R/Clio Cup if you don't mind tin tops.

I used to have a couple of MR2's and I remember getting the 'hairdresser's car' comments, but what's wrong with being a hairdresser?

No one ever says 'that's an electrian's car' or 'that's a physiotherapist's car' why do they pick on hairdressers?

Personllay I make a rule of never having a go at someone who's holding a pair of scissors
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    iPad wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    iPad wrote:

I used to have a couple of MR2's and I remember getting the 'hairdresser's car' comments, but what's wrong with being a hairdresser?

No one ever says 'that's an electrian's car' or 'that's a physiotherapist's car' why do they pick on hairdressers?

Personllay I make a rule of never having a go at someone who's holding a pair of scissors

I think the implication is that you are a girl or a gentleman who prefers other gentlemen.
  • iPad
    W1 wrote:
    iPad wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    iPad wrote:

I think the implication is that you are a girl or a gentleman who prefers other gentlemen.

I had a couple of mates who were hairdressers, they earned shed loads of dosh, were their own bosses and always had very attractive girlfriends.
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    iPad wrote:
    W1 wrote:
    iPad wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    iPad wrote:

I had a couple of mates who were hairdressers, they earned shed loads of dosh, were their own bosses and always had very attractive girlfriends.

No doubt - but they aren't the basis for the stereotype (which presumably does have some basis in fact).

The MX5 is an absolutely cracking car, though it's not quick in a straight line if that's what you're after.
  • iPad
    W1 wrote:
    iPad wrote:
    W1 wrote:
    iPad wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    iPad wrote:

No doubt - but they aren't the basis for the stereotype (which presumably does have some basis in fact).

The MX5 is an absolutely cracking car, though it's not quick in a straight line if that's what you're after.

I'm not that bothered about quick in a straight line, been there, done that, got the points on my license :oops: