SS Muppetry?!

gtvlusso
gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
edited April 2010 in Commuting chat
I see a guy most mornings on a home built SS - looks like an old mountain bike frame.

Not only is he using the smallest gear I have ever seen - Mr Spinny! he is using vertical dropout frame with no tensioner.....hence a floppy chain.

Awaiting the "accident"....

Anyone else see bike build muppetry?

Comments

• gaz545
    gaz545 Posts: 493
    How about a SS which was made by removing all the gear cables and de-railers (still had the cassette) If he wanted to change gear he got off and moved the chain to a smaller ring.
  • kurako
    kurako Posts: 1,098
    gaz545 wrote:
    How about a SS which was made by removing all the gear cables and de-railers (still had the cassette) If he wanted to change gear he got off and moved the chain to a smaller ring.

Surely that's not an SS!

What about the left hand drive you saw that other day?
  • Mickey Eye
    Mickey Eye Posts: 590
    This one is pretty bad.

single.jpg

In my defense I have fixed the chain tensioner since this was taken. And as for using the middle ring. Screw you, I live in Oslo and like my knees. (I can't get the big ring to budge)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,196
    gaz545 wrote:
    The logical side of my brain still doesn't get this SS business - everyone has a SS if you just don't change gear. And on the plus side you can always change your mind about the gearing if you're not happy with the one you're in. :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]