HOMBRES hit Coed Llandegla 16th May 2010

Gazlar
Gazlar Posts: 8,084
edited May 2010 in MTB rides
Hi everyone, I'm Gaz from the facebook based mountain bike group, HOMBRES (Hung-Over Mountain Bikers Recreational Entertainment Society). We are a ride for fun group of a very mixed ability range, who like to embrace the social element of Mountain Biking. Anyone is welcome to join us on rides (entirely at your own risk- legal disclaimer) no matter what your skill or fitness level. We try to arrange a big group ride every 3 or 4 weeks.

Our next ride will be at 11-11.30am start at Coed Llandegla Trail Centre near Wrexham on Sunday 16th May, look out for the guys in HOMBRES T shirts by the bike shop. Full details can be found on our facebook page http://groups.to/hombresmtb

We look forward to meeting new members
Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
Amy
Farnsworth
Zapp

Comments

• zedhead
    zedhead Posts: 109
    That's cool, probably see you there :wink: . As long as you don't do what several groups were doing at 'Degla last Sunday, and gather together at 'check points' at road crossings, blocking the way for anyone coming through by themselves...
    Or stopping at other inconvenient spots, like at the apex of berms... :roll: Common sense seems to abandon some people as soon as they sling a leg over a pushbike... :evil:
    Early Orange 5, Felt Z85, Scott Thicko, modified Giant full suss (both nicked)- beat-up single-speed rigid 1992 Saracen (scrapped), and various 2-wheelers with big engines
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    i might be able to make this
  • Gazlar
    No we do congregate at points to let the lower ability members catch up, but we do make sure that we keep way off the lines, consideration costs nothing.

The more the merrier though on this one, well and on any of our rides, we are very much of a mixed ability some guys are pretty experienced bikers, some are very new to it, any we do allow for them, everyone has to start somewhere. we make no bones about the fact our HOMBRES rides are very social, of a decent pace, but more geared to enjoying ourselves, considerately
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Count me in!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Gazlar
    already had done bails, :P :P
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Might be there, Wanna take my SLR out to take some riding photos. Might get a few group shots of you guys :D
  • Gazlar
    Sounds great yee haa, we need some group photos, and like I say the more the merrier

If any of you are on Facebook, please feel free to join up on there, its the hub of our activity so to speak and its wheer all our updates go, the short url is

http://groups.to/hombresmtb
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Simonb256
    Simonb256 Posts: 880
    I miss riding at Llandegla, though I'm a non-driver so getting there is a b*stard.
    "War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength." George Orwell - 1984
  • Gazlar
    If anyone is planning on joining us for this one, we will be at Llandegla ready to ride at around 11am, look out for the stripy black and white car with the hombres signs on the doors, or the guys in the Hombres T shirts by the shop
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • bennaylor
    bennaylor Posts: 52
    I'm heading over to llandegla tomorrow so will try and get there for a 11 start. Done of my mates are out to play this weekend.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    bennaylor
    Did you go on the Long Mynd ride with Puddle Rider and me?
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • bennaylor
    yep that was me
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Bugger, I'm stuck in Brecon, working :(
  • Gazlar
    bennaylor wrote:
    I'm heading over to llandegla tomorrow so will try and get there for a 11 start. Done of my mates are out to play this weekend.

Cool, look out for us then your welcome to join us, got a couple of guys new to mountain biking with us, we'll be around the shop at 11 some of us in hombres Tee shirts
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • bennaylor
    Bloody typical, tweaked my back at work on Friday and just worse over the weekend so didn't come to Llandegla in the end.

How did the thrash around Llandegla go?
  • Gazlar
    It went well cheers Ben, we got there a little late due to one guy doing 56 down the motorway all the way to save fuel. I see you've joined the group anyway so look out for our rides in the future, they are every 3 or 4 weeks so you are always welcome
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp