Commuters of Sheffield....

amaferanga
amaferanga Posts: 6,789
edited April 2010 in Commuting chat
....It's summer now - you don't have to wear your boil-in-the-bag jackets. People can still see you even if you're not clothed in yellow :shock:

Seriously though, I'm a cold cyclist, but these past couple of days even I've been commuting in shorts and a regular long sleeve jersey, yet most cyclists I see are still wearing bulky waterproof/windproof jackets. There's one guy I see quite often who was wearing waterproof trousers a couple of days backs. WTF? :?
More problems but still living....

Comments

• iPad
    iPad Posts: 112
    That would be me then :evil:

The past fews days when I have left the house, it has been less that 4 C and as I start off the route with a long decent, it gets f*cking cold, hence the wind proof and waterproof gear (as they are the only cycling trousers I've got).

Since I moved up here from London I have found that the weather here is upridictable and I have been caught out on many occasions, I like to refer to my trousers as 'rain frightening trousers' because when I where them it doesn't rain. But does anyone thank me for that, no they f*cking don't.

Besides, what the f*ck has it got to do with you what I wear, who the f*ck are you, the f*cking fashion police..?

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
    I know the voices in my head aren't real, but they have such great ideas
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,714
    iPad wrote:

The past fews days when I have left the house, it has been less that 4 C and as I start off the route with a long decent, it gets f*cking cold, hence the wind proof and waterproof gear (as they are the only cycling trousers I've got).

Since I moved up here from London I have found that the weather here is upridictable and I have been caught out on many occasions, I like to refer to my trousers as 'rain frightening trousers' because when I where them it doesn't rain. But does anyone thank me for that, no they f*cking don't.

Besides, what the f*ck has it got to do with you what I wear, who the f*ck are you, the f*cking fashion police..?

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
    First and last official warning: Calm down and don't be so aggressive towards other posters.
  • iPad
    edited April 2010
    :oops: Sorry

Point taken
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I'll be the one in the Wednesday shirt hehe.
  • iPad
    supersonic wrote:

With Theo the Bear in the front, or an older one?
  • andyb78
    andyb78 Posts: 156
    WAWAW? :D
    Road bike FCN 6

Hardtail Commuter FCN 11 (Apparently, but that may be due to the new beard...)
  • supersonic
    iPad wrote:
    supersonic wrote:

With Theo the Bear in the front, or an older one?

A very old one, circa 1998 lol
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    iPad wrote:

Ha ha! Got your PM and appology accepted :)

But I'm definitely not going to reveal who I am now for fear of my life :wink:

It might not even be you that I've seen anyway.
    More problems but still living....
  • iPad
    amaferanga wrote:

It might not even be you that I've seen anyway.

So now you're saying that someone could be copying my fashon sense, and therefore I'm not the fashion icon that I think I am.

How very dare you sir..! :wink:
  • woodnut
    woodnut Posts: 562
    [quote

It might not even be you that I've seen anyway.[/quote]

Might be me....when I've been setting off its freezing so I always have my waterproof on, Ithough I have a right dab on by the time I get to work.... I've been rolling it up into my rucksack for the journey home though 8)
  • supersonic
    It actually dropped to -3 in places tother night.
  • iPad
    I was shamed into not wearing the boil in the bag jacket on my ride home last night (still wore the rain frightening trousers though), and I was chuffing cold, so there :P
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    I just can't get it right at the mo - big temp differences early/late versus middle of day, and the naughty bright sunshine lulling you but then the icy wind cuts through.....

i tell ya, it was easy in london, sheffield is so variable. on the plus side, I've lost a stone in weight due to the hills (and i had it to lose....)

nice to see a couple more sheffielders - i'd only (virtually) clocked super and amaferanga before. mind you, not everyone puts their location in their profile, so there could be others.
  • Freezing in the moring with big decent to start off with.

boiling at night. Up hill to start off with. My choise is City Road, followed by Ford hill. Or Stavey, Medow Head, Abbdale Rd, Eccleshall Rd
    Racing is rubbish you can\'t relax and enjoy it- because some bugger is always trying to get past.
  • PBo
    Freezing in the moring with big decent to start off with.

boiling at night. Up hill to start off with. My choise is City Road, followed by Ford hill. Or Stavey, Medow Head, Abbdale Rd, Eccleshall Rd

city road is a loooong drag.....I try to find routes that are more variable, even if there are steeper short sections
  • supersonic
    Not a commute, but I often used to cycle up Halifax Road to Grenoside from Hilsborough, or up the Jawbone. They are killers lol.
  • PBo
    supersonic wrote:
    Not a commute, but I often used to cycle up Halifax Road to Grenoside from Hilsborough, or up the Jawbone. They are killers lol.

where's the jawbone? just so I know where to stay away from, like.....
  • woodnut
    woodnut Posts: 562
    The jawbone is from oughtibridge to grenoside. I'm out of breath just driving up it....have a look at it on GPSies or Gmaps pedometer. It's horrendous :cry:

Halifax Rd ain't all that bad though, just a drag (thought I'd best point that out so I don't appear a complete pussy)
  • supersonic
    Aye, go down it, not up it!

Near the top:

5716263.jpg

Half way down:

822734_d76b6461.jpg