RPCC Ride - Saturday 24th April

thebongolian
thebongolian Posts: 333
Wondering if anyone fancies an RPCC ride tomorrow? Will probably be heading out for a 60 mile or so loop into the Surrey Hills leaving Richmond Park between 8 and 9 a.m.

Usual rules would apply:
    Anyone is welcome to attend Will average somewhere between 16-18 mph No one gets dropped and we'll regroup at the top of hills Tea and cake stop - probably at the top of Box Hill
Post-up here if you fancy coming along and we'll meet at Richmond Gate at whatever time suits all attending

Comments

• Berns12
    Berns12 Posts: 198
    I am thinking of heading out tomorrow from RP around 8 am. Yes an unsociable hour start, but the last two weekends, have started around that time and its worth it avoiding the drag of traffic.

Bongolian- let me know if you are keen. However due to time pressure, I may not be able to do the full ride. If I do have to bail, I will end up doing the normal route out to the top of Coombe and make a left towards Crocknorth rather than down to Peaslake.
  • Bern - was thinking fairly early too so could meet 8 am at Richmond Gate if that suits.

Not keen for a massive one so was thinking perhaps the hoon fest route but taking in Leith too. But guess we can play it by ear
  • Berns12
    Cool see you there. I have pm'd you my mobile in case of last minute change of plans
  • Good to see a good group out in fantastic weather - thanks for coming along and see you again soon
  • J09
    J09 Posts: 122
    Definitively a good ride, a very good and proper bonk for me, buts that's what we all search for after all, isn't it...

Up for another one tomorrow?
  • tyskie
    tyskie Posts: 252
    Great ride yesterday - superb route and scenery!
    Not around next weekend but should be out the one after.
  • Berns12
    J09- hope you are feeling better mate. Good work staying on and doing a turn on the front on the way back.

I am around next week but have a flight to catch in early evening, so could be up for a similar route at a similar start/finish time. Anyone in?

Otherwise Will- good route, looking forward to doing it again
  • Something similar next weekend could be good. Hoping to get out twice with the Bank Holiday but timing will depend on weather and other plans
  • J09
    J09 Posts: 122
    Fine on sunday, did a couple of laps at Richmond.

But saturday was a very good bonk, and even when we were getting to RP my legs were starting to cramp... The mix of lack of food and lack of sleep from the trip from Athens had it share of the blame...

After the TransPortugal will be back with a vengeance...
  • Hello RPCC!!!

After a winter of mostly running I am keen to dust off the bike a join you guys for a ride.

Perhaps this weekend if anyone is around?!?!
  • Likely to be out Saturday will probably post a new thread tomorrow if someone hasn't already