Cycle Lockers and safe places to park in town

dansenior
dansenior Posts: 3
edited April 2010 in Commuting chat
Hi, this is a bit of a longshot however, im interested in finding out other peoples opinion.
I use cycle lockers in the city where I live, and I have a couple of things that im not too sure about.

One thing im not sure with is, that when i take my bike to the locker, there is never anything
to log the fact that im the owner of the bike - what is to stop anyone else coming along and using the bike whilst im at work?

There are security cameras on the car park and the cycle lockers, but i feel that these lockers should need you to sign a paper saying you are the owner of the bike, or am i just been over protective?

Also anybody got opinion of other options on safe cycle parking

Comments

• merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    don't you lock it in the locker? :?
  • AndyManc
    AndyManc Posts: 1,393
    merkin wrote:
    don't you lock it in the locker? :?

+1

Yeah , we're technologically advanced in Manchester, our bike lock-ups have places to put locks on. :P

Specialized Hardrock Pro/Trek FX 7.3 Hybrid/Specialized Enduro/Specialized Tri-Cross Sport
    URBAN_MANC.png
  • why should i lock it in the locker? the lockers a locker, it locks the bike
    I dont think you have to, or is this where im going wrong?
  • merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    I am confused. Do you just roll your bike into the locker, shut the door and go to work? Surely you either lock the bike within the locker and take the key with you or lock the actual locker door and take the key with you. This way only you have the key. I have seen them with a staple and hasp where you can use your own padlock.
    If not, can you be more specific about what bike it is, where exactly you park it, whether it is my frame size and what time you leave it there. :twisted: :wink:
  • AndyManc
    AndyManc Posts: 1,393
    I think a photo is required :?

Specialized Hardrock Pro/Trek FX 7.3 Hybrid/Specialized Enduro/Specialized Tri-Cross Sport
    URBAN_MANC.png