C2W - when will voucher arrive?

dg lander
dg lander Posts: 54
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
How long did everyone else wait for the voucher? Feels like it's taking ages.

Comments

• kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    [dg lander]Is it xmas yet? Is it xmas yet? Huh? Huh? I need to pee!!![/dg lander]

:lol:
  • dugliss
    dugliss Posts: 235
    Slowly Slowly catchy monkey!!
  • RufusA
    RufusA Posts: 500
    Depending on who's running the scheme, you may have to wait for them to invoive your company, and your company paying the invoice. So could take weeks/months*

Rufus.

*delete as appropriate.
  • dg lander
    RufusA wrote:
    Depending on who's running the scheme, you may have to wait for them to invoive your company, and your company paying the invoice. So could take weeks/months*
    Bums. I work for the police so that means it'll take forever. Summer will probably be over by the time it arrives. It's been approved though and I've received a hire agreement, so I'm just waiting for them to exchange money so they can send me the voucher, right?

I'm such a non-bicycle owner :cry:
  • dg lander
    Here's how I will look when it arrives:

charlie_bucket_26_golden_ticket.jpg
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    4-6 weeks is the usual time frame. However like most have said it depends who's doing the admin on it. I received my voucher after about 31/2 weeks but had to wait another 2 weeks for the bike shop to get the bike I wanted.
  • londonbairn
    londonbairn Posts: 316
    Yeah depends on how the company deals with it. Ours is outsourced to our benefits company, and we got our vouchers over a week ago. Already spent 8)

Now only 11 months 3 weeks to go until Xmas again
  • dg lander
    Tonymufc wrote:
    had to wait another 2 weeks for the bike shop to get the bike I wanted.
    I'm wondering if I should phone my bike shop now so they can order/reserve it for me. I'm guessing they'd probably want a deposit though.
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    dg lander wrote:
    Tonymufc wrote:
    had to wait another 2 weeks for the bike shop to get the bike I wanted.
    I'm wondering if I should phone my bike shop now so they can order/reserve it for me. I'm guessing they'd probably want a deposit though.

Yeah mine wanted a £20 deposit refundable on production of the voucher. If you've got a good lbs chances are they'll bend over backwards to help. Bikes are pretty popular at the moment ( £1.20 a litre of petrol has seen to that,) so expect a wait of a few weeks for the bike anyway.
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    Mine took a couple of months - but that was down to probs within HR and not cyclescheme. With the delay, I ordered the bike with a refundable deposit. It was sitting in the shop for 3 weeks before I could take it home :(
  • My LOC is now overdue.... :roll:

I'm chomping at the bit to get the bike and start commuting.
    your imaginary friend.
  • Sailorchick
    Sailorchick Posts: 202
    All depends on your HR. Last year I'm sure it took about a month to arrive. Just got a new c2w voucher and I applied for it on a Thursday, it arrived in the post the following Wednesday! Same company so guessing HR have new staff involved.
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    HR might process C2W vouchers once a month - so, depending on what part of the month you submit your application, the wait may vary.
  • itssam
    itssam Posts: 31
    Your HR dept will get an invoice from C2W and need to pay it off - depending on when they get the invoice it can usually take upto a month to do this.

Once paid you'll get the voucher posted out to your HR dept who will ask you to sign your life away (credit agreement) and hand over the voucher.

I'm waiting my Ribble at the moment... such a painful wait (not made any better by the fact that i keep checking their order tracking every 30min - it moved to "Order Progressing" this morning!)

Looking back i ordered the voucher on the 3rd March :shock: :(
  • pidism
    pidism Posts: 32
    My voucher arrived within 2 weeks of the voucher being requested. :D

Left my LBS a voluntary £50 deposit which meant they happily ordered the bike, they refunded the deposit on collection. Hey presto, voucher arrives. Pick up bike the same day. :D

I also work for the Police and they do seem to have this scheme sorted in terms of administaration.
  • My voucher arrived last week. Boardman Pro Cx ( and cloak ) ordered. Picking it up this coming Friday.... :D
    your imaginary friend.
  • dg lander
    Thought I should update this - my voucher arrived and I've got my new bike now so all is good :D
    Here's how it happened:

12th April submitted voucher request
    15th April request approved
    24th April voucher arrived in the post / did 'happy dance' / phoned bike shop and arranged collection date
    29th April collected bike

The commute officially starts on Tuesday.
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    good, looking forward to your first commute report!
    FCN = 4