Camberwell road incident this morning

dresbo
dresbo Posts: 129
edited April 2010 in Commuting chat
Anyone know what happened in Camberwell road this morning. The police had taped off the road for about 100 metres right outside Edwardes bike shop but there was no obvious sign of what had happened.

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,200
    What time was this? I went past there around 7.30 this morning but saw nothing.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Robstar24
    Robstar24 Posts: 173
    traffic was terrible going through there today, thought it was to do with the roadworks tho?
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    just the usual camberwell stabbing/ shooting probably :(
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Another case of daylight robbery from Edwardes? :lol:

/joke
  • It was an incident in Medlar Street, according to the BBC London Travel News.
  • Porgy
    Porgy wrote:
    It was a stabbing on the corner of Medlar St & Camberwell New Road. Boy from Sacred Hearts school (other end of Medlar St, at Camberwell Road). Hospitalised but reported to be 'OK'

from a local website. I lived in Camberwell for nealry ten years. It's London's stabbing capital. :(
  • dresbo
    Porgy wrote:
    Porgy wrote:
    It was a stabbing on the corner of Medlar St & Camberwell New Road. Boy from Sacred Hearts school (other end of Medlar St, at Camberwell Road). Hospitalised but reported to be 'OK'

from a local website. I lived in Camberwell for nealry ten years. It's London's stabbing capital. :(

That's so reassuring. Should I be carrying through there in the mornings? :shock:
  • Porgy
    dresbo wrote:
    Porgy wrote:
    Porgy wrote:

That's so reassuring. Should I be carrying through there in the mornings? :shock:

most stabbings seem to be children and young adults - you should be ok if you'r over 24 - but look after your children....and don;t ever carry a knife.
  • dresbo
    Porgy wrote:
    most stabbings seem to be children and young adults - you should be ok if you'r over 24 - but look after your children....and don;t ever carry a knife.

I wouldn't like to admit to being over 24, and I was just being flippant, but you're right it's a good sentiment. Now a d-lock on the other hand.....
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Porgy wrote:

.........and don;t ever carry a knife.
    I agree knives are so 1990s- carry an uzi, its more 21st century
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    dresbo wrote:
    Porgy wrote:
    Porgy wrote:

Just work on your speed and make sure you fly through that bit of your commute really fast. To be honest it could be worse, you could be commuting through Hackney/Clapton
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • dresbo
    dresbo wrote:
    Porgy wrote:
    Porgy wrote:

Just work on your speed and make sure you fly through that bit of your commute really fast. To be honest it could be worse, you could be commuting through Hackney/Clapton

now there's a valid excuse for RLJing if I ever saw one: you fear for you life if you stop. It's like having our own mini Bogata on the doorstep.
  • Porgy
    spen666 wrote:
    Porgy wrote:

.........and don;t ever carry a knife.
    I agree knives are so 1990s- carry an uzi, its more 21st century

it's not legal though :wink:
  • Porgy
    dresbo wrote:
    Porgy wrote:
    Porgy wrote:

If I remember correctly - aren't the potholes through Camberwell about the worst in south London - makes flying through a little tricky.