Tour Ride Stoke

This is your chance to test yourself against the Pro's by riding one of this years Tour of Britain stages.

For the second year running The Prostate Cancer Charity is partnered with the Tour of Britain to give riders of all ages and abilities a taste of pro cycling. We are giving you the chance to ride stage 2 of this years Tour of Britain two weeks after the pros have completed the stage.

The route will be fully supported with neutral support, fantastic feed stations and timed KOM stages as well as everything you would expect from one of the country’s best sportives. A great atmosphere is guaranteed at you cross the Tour of Britain finishing gantries and tuck into your post ride meal. There are who range of rides including the full stage distance, half distance and family rides available.

There is no minimum sponsorship required and all of your registration fee will come directly to The Prostate Cancer Charity. This is a great chance to make a difference in lives of thousands of men’s lives and ride some of the most spectacular Staffordshire and Peak District scenery. Places are limited so sign up now.

For more information, full route maps and profiles or to sign up now visit www.tourride.co.uk

There are other Tour Rides available in the South West (Stage 4) or London (Stage 8) visit www.tourride.co.uk for more information.

exercise.png

Comments

• tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    thanks, think i might sign up for this . will do the full route. one thing though , dont you think 35 km is a bit soon for the first feed stop ? would,nt it be better to swap it with the drink stop at 80 km. tim
  • benjboy
    benjboy Posts: 258
    Done this last year and had a great day out. the best sportive i have done well stocked feed stations and the food at the end is good.Will be there again this year.
    Keep the chain tight all the way.
  • The first feed stop is there mainly for the challenge riders who break off from the pro route shortly after this. Good chance for a second breakfast I recon.

Im heading up to Stoke this week to ride some of the route - emphasis on 'some of' - so ill take some photos and put them on the Unite Bycycling facebook page.

The KOM timing splits on the category climbs should be a great addition this year and longton park for the event village will be fantastic.

exercise.png
  • paulgw
    paulgw Posts: 135
    Hi Steve. I'm booked onto this again as well. Are you planning to have the routes on the website as GPX files again this year? If so, any ETA on getting them posted?
  • We are just looking into getting this done now, not sure of an eta yet sorry but hope to get it sorted soon - glad you are signed up again. Look forward to seeing you in September.

exercise.png
  • Lawman1965
    Lawman1965 Posts: 35
    Any news on the GPX? Also, have you got the route mapped on a site like Bikely or Map My Ride?

Already booked on the ride.

Rich
  • have recieved the data files this morning - have sent them over to our web developers and they will be up this week.

Sorry for the delay on getting these up, let me know if you've got any more questions.

Training guides are being printed as we speak as well and so these will be sent out shortly as well.

Stephen

exercise.png
  • GPX files now up on the website

www.tourride.co.uk

exercise.png
  • Ive signed up for the Challenge ride the other week and am thinking about changing it to the Pro ride later this month. I did the challenge ride last year in 6 hours (id only been riding for about a week beforehand) and raised just under £100 and want to push myself more this year.

I am trying to raise £500 this year for them and for EVERY £500 that I do raise for them, I am personally going to donate 1 weeks wages to them, so please donate as much spare money as you possibly can

This will be my first ride over 50 miles, so please please donate! :)

http://www.prostatecancercharity.org.uk/CarlBrandrick to donate

Thank you so much

Carl