how about this for unlucky...

teticio
teticio Posts: 107
edited April 2010 in Commuting chat
(it didn't happen to me but i saw it just after it happened last night)

a guy was trying out a brand new mountain bike from a bike shop, riding along the pavement presumably because he was worried about damaging it. he managed to run into a huge guy, buckling the wheel completely. so he ended up not only having to pay for the wheel but also he may have to compensate the other guy for injuring him. he was lucky the other guy didn't kick in his other wheel for good measure.

unlucky or do we make our own unluck?

Comments

• HamishD
    HamishD Posts: 538
    Not unlucky in the slightest. In fact, would go as far to say, yes, he was lucky the other guy didn't give him a shoeing!
  • zanes
    zanes Posts: 563
    HamishD wrote:
    Not unlucky in the slightest. In fact, would go as far to say, yes, he was lucky the other guy didn't give him a shoeing!

+1
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    How about this for criminal activity

a) riding his bike on the pavement
    b) riding his bike without due consideration

no sympathy for him, he got what his criminal activities deserved
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    teticio wrote:
    (it didn't happen to me but i saw it just after it happened last night)

a guy was trying out a brand new mountain bike from a bike shop, riding along the pavement presumably because he was worried about damaging it. he managed to run into a huge guy, buckling the wheel completely. so he ended up not only having to pay for the wheel but also he may have to compensate the other guy for injuring him. he was lucky the other guy didn't kick in his other wheel for good measure.

unlucky or do we make our own unluck?
    How did he manage not to see the large man? How was it that he was going so fast he ended up damaging the bike against the large man?

What is he doing buying a bike when he clearly has no idea how to use it?
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    In Spain as well is quite clear in the law that you shouldn't ride your bike on the pavement... muppet!
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • teticio
    teticio Posts: 107
    haha... and he wasn't wearing a helmet!