Mobile phone GPS program "sportypal",,, anyone?

Chivalry
Chivalry Posts: 48
edited October 2010 in Routes
just wondering if anyone has tried/uses the program "sportypal" ?

Since i left my old nokia N95 the 1 thing i missed alot was the nokia sports program... but i think i found a replacement thats every bit as good but not a huge user base yet so the routes are pretty few and far between... but its still great for tracking your own routes and uploading various stats and stuff to the online account.... and its free as well which is a nice bonus..

from what i can tell it works on pretty much any OS from android to winmo, iphone and Symbian

check it out and let me know what you think,,, or if you have another you use that you can reccomend in its place maybe?... i use a HTC HD2 .. (winmo)

www.sportypal.com

Comments

• Hi Chivarly,
    Yap, I have HTC WinMo phone, and I'm using Sportypal on my cycling trips.
    I used to have Nokia with SPorts tracker also, before I switched to my new WinMo phone.
    It's great replacement, and it does the job as described. As for your information I read somewhere on some forum that Sportypal it's growing pretty big, as they are the only app that works on many different OS and that in the last couple of months they have doubled the number of uploaded workouts in compare to the sports tracker community page. So, i think this SPal is doing some serious job here.
    Here are some of my MTB trips recorded with Sportypal:
    http://sportypal.com/Workouts/Details/11710

Cheers
  • Chisholm
    Chisholm Posts: 20
    I have used a program called GPS Cycle Computer 3 available for free from http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-dow ... puter.html

It will save the route youve taken giving average speed etc. and output that to a Google Earth KML file so you can watch a replay of your route which I find fairly snazzy. Works well on my previous htc touch pro and current htc hd2 winmo phones
    Btwin Sport 3
    Scott Scale 50
  • Cardiotrainer is my choice.
    Uploads to a website so you can view back your stats

and likes to remind me that I've done no exercise this week.
    --
    '09 Carrera Fury
    '94 GT Timberline FS
    '89 Saracen Tufftrax
  • ji_
    ji_ Posts: 38
    I use SportyPal on my BlackBerry. Been impressed so far, apart from one upload that failed, and then lost the ride details
    www.louthnet.com/LAMB - Louth Area Mountain Bikers
  • hainman
    hainman Posts: 699
    i use spotypal all the time.its a great app plus its free also handy is the altimeter setting to see how far you've climbed in what distance.plus lets you see where you went on google maps.very impressive app
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • AndyOgy
    AndyOgy Posts: 579
    I used Sportypal for a while but have just gone back to Sports Tracker. Not much in it but I like how Sports Tracker gives you sunrise/sunset times.
  • spooon
    spooon Posts: 2
    What type of cell phone do you offer for tracking your ride mostly in forest.
    #Sp.
  • sportypal was ok, but not always accurate, have just started to use bikemate GPS which seems to do the same thing nd more, and also maps the route much more accuratley. download the lite version and compare the two.
    Falcon Sierra - 80's
    Muddy Fox Courier - 80's
    GT Palomar 90's
    GT Zaskar LE - 90's
    Cannondale k v 900 90's
    Santa Cruz Bullit - now
    Orange Evo 8 STOLEN 26/09/10
    Orange P7 Pro
    Lots of kites.
  • jonnyc2420 wrote:
    sportypal was ok, but not always accurate, have just started to use bikemate GPS which seems to do the same thing nd more, and also maps the route much more accuratley. download the lite version and compare the two.
    But this bikemate is only for iphone, i searched the android market they don't have version yet
  • aaaah ! apologies ! :oops:
    Falcon Sierra - 80's
    Muddy Fox Courier - 80's
    GT Palomar 90's
    GT Zaskar LE - 90's
    Cannondale k v 900 90's
    Santa Cruz Bullit - now
    Orange Evo 8 STOLEN 26/09/10
    Orange P7 Pro
    Lots of kites.
  • jonnyc2420 wrote:
    aaaah ! apologies ! :oops: