Devon Routes

camerauk
camerauk Posts: 1,000
edited April 2010 in Routes
Hi
Looking to get out for a cycle with my son on wed morning anyone any ideas as to a nice route to go on we usually do Haldon ridge trail but looking for something longer dont mind traveling but not to far and if anyone has GPS of the route all the better :P
Cheers
Specialized Camber Expert
Specialized Allez Sport

Comments

• Give gawton a try ;)
  • camerauk
    mmmmm maybe a little extreme for us lol just looking for xc ride 15/20 miles
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • loads of moderate-level XC on Woodbury Common.
  • camerauk
    that sounds better any info on the tracks routes etc please
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • I can email you a gpx file of a 15km route to get you started. My address should be in my profile.
  • camerauk
    nice one cheers you have pm
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • PM returned and route emailed.
  • camerauk
    cant open file bud
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Last one was sent as a MMO file for memory-map. I've converted it to GPX for you instead. Hope it works this time.
  • markp2
    markp2 Posts: 162
    Woodbury Common had a big fire yesterday - may not be open to the public today.
    Mark
    Genesis Croix de Fer - my new commuting mount
    Saracen Hytrail - the workhorse - now pensioned off
    Kinetic-One FK1 roadie - the fast one - hairy legs though!
    Cannondale Jekyll Lefty MTB - the muddy one which keeps tipping me into gorse bushes!
  • camerauk
    Cheers for heads up Markp 2 but it was fine up there had a good morning ride although was very hard to find way around tracks were ok but found them very hard going as there seemed to be lots of sand type tracks!!!!
    Also there was a race going on that day but we were done long before that started
    Army was training all over as well shooting etc my son was well impressed lol
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Glad you enjoyed it. All that sand makes Woodbury a great choice for Winter/wet Summers.
  • camerauk
    yeah was a bit hard going as it was very dry and my son did not enjoy that bit lol
    not easy to track the route as I only got a garmin edge 205 but managed to get round ok with your route thanks again for that
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • have you guys been up into the moors to dothe princetown loop yet?

btw waynes still on crutches from his ankle
    Yeti SB66c 2013
  • camerauk
    Yes mate been up there and done a couple of routes around princetown great fun
    I am off on a ride this sat with yogi group they do a fun mtb ride on 1st sat of the month they go up around Burrator reservoir area great fun not fast paced why dont you give that a go this sat if your free
    drop me a pm and I will let you know details and meet point
    Specialized Allez Sport