Wiggle Super Series - Jurassic Beast 2nd May

mr_goo
mr_goo Posts: 3,770
Anyone else doing this event? Am making this my first sportive. Too late for the New Forest event as only got my road bike at the end of March and not enough miles under my belt to give a good account of myself.
The hills out on the Isle of Purbeck will be a huge challenge.
Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.

Comments

• speshy
    speshy Posts: 42
    no i'm not doing that one,, but i am doing the BHF ride next sunday.. doing the 66 mile route..
    =================================================
    2009 specialized allez elite
    kona caldera
  • Flambes
    Flambes Posts: 191
    Yes, I'll be doing the Epic route.
    No course that I can see yet, but the route profile doesn't look too bad.

Less than 2 weeks to go! Better get training.
  • woody1545
    woody1545 Posts: 322
    I'm planning on doing it. I've got the London Marathon the week before so it will depend on how badly I knacker my legs.

You're right about the beast being a challenge. If you're concerned you won't have a enough miles under your belt for a nice gentle FLAT ride round the New Forest you must have one hell of a training plan if you're going to be ready for all those hills two weeks later!? Anyway, best of luck.
  • 2bak860
    2bak860 Posts: 8
    For those who missed it (or even attended!) - the New Forest Spring Sportive video is now on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLSF5ag4n7Q&hd=1
    Ross Chapman
    Video Producer
    Twitter: @rosschapman
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Tempted but got to convince my mate who drives! Could be nasty trying to get in and out with it being Bank holiday w/e?
  • Airwave
    Airwave Posts: 483
    iPete wrote:
    Tempted but got to convince my mate who drives! Could be nasty trying to get in and out with it being Bank holiday w/e?

The traffic won't be bad early on sunday morning.And it does'nt get bad until late sunday afternoon early evenig.So you would miss the worse traffic around Bournemouth/Poole.I ride the Purbecks regualy&the scenery is stunning&the roads are fairly quiet.But there are a couple of nasty climbs but nothing a fit cyclist should worry about,lets hope the good weather carries on.
  • I have ridden a preview ride of this event, you canread my comments here.

You are in for a good day out.

http://www.cyclosport.org/article.aspx?id=1369
    Just a fat bloke on a bike
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    For those worried about traffic the best way to get to Tank Museum could be to go via Wimborne then on the A31 to Bere Regis. At round-a-bout follow signs to Monkey World and Tank Museum. Road drops down to north side of Museum avoiding going through Bournemouth/Poole and Wareham. Hope this helps.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.