Clothing rave!

lost_in_thought
lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
edited April 2010 in Commuting chat
So.

I was going to post this in the 'bike gear I've just bought' thread, but decided it merited its own.

I've just been out for a 40-mile spin in the sunshine wearing my new Shutt jersey...

Seriously folks, this is without a doubt the best jersey I've ever worn. It fits like it was made for me, for starters, and it looks good.

The sleeves are a bit longer than the norm, and all the more comfortable for it, and the gripper on the back hem completely stops it riding up. The pockets are massive and well-positioned so you don't feel like you've grown another bum when you fill them up.

But more importantly, where the thermometer in the shade is saying 18 degrees, and I'm always too warm, it's kept me a really good temperature, not too hot, and kept me warm in the pub when I stopped. And it feels lovely and soft. Go sportwool!

The only thing I'd change would be to put in a longer front zip, but it's a really minor issue. And the zip doesn't irritate my neck.

Yay! Well worth the money!

:D

Comments

• miggers
    miggers Posts: 269
    Before I start this post I will remind anyone who doesn't know me on here, I am one of the partners at Shutt.

This is a great post for us :oops: , thanks lostinthought, but more so for Sportwool as a fabric! For anyone who thinks it would be like wearing a sweater you couldn't be more wrong. It is a fantastic material for bike jerseys for all weathers and really comes into its own when the heat is on. In fact our 2nd biggest market is in Oz.

Go on and get a Sportwool jersey, there are plenty of good brands out there to try..

Pete
    Peter Bragg
    www.shuttvr.com
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    I *really* like the Sportive jersey. And the Continental jersey. And the Team jersey.

How do I get this past the Head of Internal Affairs?
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    You buy them, secrete them into the bedroom and 'lose' them amongst the old stuff then pretend you've had them a long time. Job done 8)

Unless, of course, HIA has a photographic memory when it comes to your cycling clothing and knows every single item, in which case you got problems :lol:

I'm assuming HIA is the missus.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Cafewanda wrote:
    You buy them, secrete them into the bedroom and 'lose' them amongst the old stuff then pretend you've had them a long time. Job done 8)

Unless, of course, HIA has a photographic memory when it comes to your cycling clothing and knows every single item, in which case you got problems :lol:

FAIL!!!

That trick you birds try and pull doesn't work, ever!

"Oh this, i've had it for ages" your fooling no one. :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Cafewanda
    Well I figured if it successfully worked for us burds it should work for you guys. After all, you're not likely to get them as birthday/christmas presents from your employers are you?

Slinks off to drink more wine............. :?
  • merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    edited April 2010
    itboffin wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:

FAIL!!!

How do you know it doesn't always work?
    For every time you've caught her out it may well be that she's got a dozen past you!
    By nature, you would never know... :?
    Btw, what is sportwool? Is it the same as merino wool?
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Well I figured if it successfully worked for us burds it should work for you guys. After all, you're not likely to get them as birthday/christmas presents from your employers are you?

Top Christmas tip, lists!

Swap lists before the shopping starts, makes for the most enjoyable festive season. :wink:

PS. Wine is AWESOME
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    cjcp wrote:
    I *really* like the Sportive jersey. And the Continental jersey. And the Team jersey.

well the sportive jersey is 20% off with the Cycling Weekly bargain of the week code - you're saving a fortune by buying it :lol:
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,364
    I like colnagos

They're really really good

*waits for response from Ernesto, possibly with example of products I could endorse.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Cafewanda wrote:

Doesn't work for you burds - we just pretend to be fooled - you know us blokes anything for an easy life :wink:
  • Cafewanda
    Bigpikle wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

well the sportive jersey is 20% off with the Cycling Weekly bargain of the week code - you're saving a fortune by buying it :lol:

Plus carry out my tip above and you'll be fine :wink:

The wine is lush, by the way ITB :)
  • lost_in_thought
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Bigpikle wrote:
    cjcp wrote:

Plus carry out my tip above and you'll be fine :wink:

The wine is lush, by the way ITB :)

The trick is to own such an insane amount of clothing that it's quite feasible that the person asking has never seen the particular item before.

It's always worked for me! :D
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    itboffin wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:

FAIL!!!

Works on your parents. For lots of stuff, clothes, DVDs, games.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    I've just been out for a 40-mile spin in the sunshine wearing my new Shutt jersey...

Seriously folks, this is without a doubt the best jersey I've ever worn. It fits like it was made for me, for starters, and it looks good.

I bought one the other week, totally love it, BUT...

After 4 or 5 rides, the fabric started to pull apart at the top of the seam between two of the pockets (this isn't the fabric of the pocket but the main back panel of the jersey itself). All I'd had in the pockets were a phone, a muesli bar and a couple of keys (in separate pockets) so I wasn't overloading them.

Hopefully it was just a dodgy bit of fabric (the occasional fault is almost totally unavoidable in manufacturing, it's how you deal with it that counts). LBS replaced it with no fuss whatsoever, and so long as it doesn't happen again I'm a happy bunny...

Assumign this was a
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • miggers
    TGOTB wrote:

I bought one the other week, totally love it, BUT...

After 4 or 5 rides, the fabric started to pull apart at the top of the seam between two of the pockets (this isn't the fabric of the pocket but the main back panel of the jersey itself). All I'd had in the pockets were a phone, a muesli bar and a couple of keys (in separate pockets) so I wasn't overloading them.

Hopefully it was just a dodgy bit of fabric (the occasional fault is almost totally unavoidable in manufacturing, it's how you deal with it that counts). LBS replaced it with no fuss whatsoever, and so long as it doesn't happen again I'm a happy bunny...

Assumign this was a

TGOTB - Assumong it was a Shutt Jersey, which LBS? We only have one shop linked to us and they are in Ilkley?

Which is a bit of a trek from either Richmond... ;-)

Thanks, Pete
    Peter Bragg
    www.shuttvr.com
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Was from Holdsworth in Putney (the jersey has Holdsworth logo/colours, not sure whether they do it as a club order from you...)

I took it back last Thursday; guess you'll get it back soon...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    personally i really ike santini's stuff, as its comfy, well priced and i like team colours. Shutt appear to be a bit like rapha but without the price tag. I am not too sute of some of the designs yet but i have seen some i like....
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • miggers
    TGOTB wrote:
    Was from Holdsworth in Putney (the jersey has Holdsworth logo/colours, not sure whether they do it as a club order from you...)

I took it back last Thursday; guess you'll get it back soon...

Ah ha, yes, club order... I will look out for it. NIce jersey... I am looking forward to the new bike range they have coming out in autumn!

@gabriel959 we do bespoke designs too from one off's to team kit if nothing takes your fancy.

Pete
    Peter Bragg
    www.shuttvr.com
  • miggers
    spasypaddy wrote:
    how much are bespoke designs?

Depends on additional work eg embroidery or flocking, but Standard Jersey price plus £25. PM me so we don't turn this into a sales thread.

BTW heres one we did last week

http://lagazzettadellabici.blogspot.com ... tting.html

Pete
    Peter Bragg
    www.shuttvr.com
  • gabriel959
    interesting... Birthday coming soon!
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • londonlivvy
    londonlivvy Posts: 644
    Humn. Looks cute but only two pockets which is fine for a couple of laps of RP, but for bigger missions, 3 pockets are where it's at.

Come on manufacturers, us girls do need to eat / carry a mobile / spare inner tubes etc too?!
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    oh im not going to buy a custom jersey, i was just interested in the cost. sorry
  • lost_in_thought
    Humn. Looks cute but only two pockets which is fine for a couple of laps of RP, but for bigger missions, 3 pockets are where it's at.

Come on manufacturers, us girls do need to eat / carry a mobile / spare inner tubes etc too?!

3 MASSIVE pockets m'dear.
  • Aguila
    Aguila Posts: 622
    edited April 2010
    Sportwool is brilliant, I never wear any of my synthetic jerseys anymore. I'd buy a shutt one the designs just look a bit foul to me. (IMO, each to their own etc).
  • londonlivvy
    londonlivvy Posts: 644

Ah. COOL. I had a look on the website and this one which matches my bike (I know, I know, shocking levels of vanity going on)
    http://www.shuttvr.com/shop/productdeta ... _Conti_Red
    and it looked like only two.
    Which one did you get? Maybe some of them have two and others have three?
  • lost_in_thought

Ah. COOL. I had a look on the website and this one which matches my bike (I know, I know, shocking levels of vanity going on)
    http://www.shuttvr.com/shop/productdeta ... _Conti_Red
    and it looked like only two.
    Which one did you get? Maybe some of them have two and others have three?

Ooooh it does rather. I got the Signature Sportive (defo 3 pockets), and have the Continental Graphite en-route, so will be able to tell you how many it has when it arrives!
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    They do have some nice jerseys. Bit out of my price range though (and my size) :(
  • gabriel959
    Its still quite a lot of money for a jersey but thanks for the offer...

I will probably get this for the summer ...

20100409_FG.jpg
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    Hmmmm plenty of temptation on that site. Became a big fan of merino in the last few months so this Sportwool sounds interesting.
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)