Great colour scheme - Colnago EPS

nicensleazy
nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
edited May 2010 in Road general
My friend has just placed an order for the below EPS.....great colour scheme !

pista-palace-white-colnago-eps-2010.jpg

Comments

• amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Are you serious? Its black and white FFS!
    More problems but still living....
  • nicensleazy
    Yes, its simplistic. Lovely pearl white over black naked carbon.....you obvoiusly don't get it! :roll:
  • GarethPJ
    GarethPJ Posts: 295
    Yes, its simplistic. Lovely pearl white over black naked carbon.....you obvoiusly don't get it! :roll:

Neither do I.

It's very easy to say "you don't get it" when somebody doesn't agree with your taste, but it's meanigless. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You like it, which is great. However I doubt many people would see it as any more than an ordinary paintjob.

The choice of "colour" is uninspired, the design is clunky and more than a little fussy in places. 4/10. Must try harder. In all fairness a bicyle frame is a different thing to paint in new and interesting ways, I can't think of any designs I've seen which I would consider inspiring. The one thing that will improve almost any design is removing the decals and stripes, something this design has in spades.
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    black and white, perfect combination for bikes, football strips and stranglers albums, especially if you got the free single.
    Walk on by
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Nice - not quite as classy as white panels on solid colour IMO
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    I bet no-one would be saying it was special if it was a Boardman or a Claud Butler.

Just another post by nicensleazy telling us about silly expencive tat :shock:
    More problems but still living....
  • nicensleazy
    amaferanga wrote:
    I bet no-one would be saying it was special if it was a Boardman or a Claud Butler.

Just another post by nicensleazy telling us about silly expencive tat :shock:

:lol:
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    i just thought he was sneaking in a new Stranglers thread, outside of Cake Stop
  • nicensleazy
    wiffachip wrote:
    i just thought he was sneaking in a new Stranglers thread, outside of Cake Stop

you know me too well! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    "something this design has in spades"

Clubs, actually.
  • GarethPJ
    GarethPJ Posts: 295
    keef66 wrote:
    "something this design has in spades"

Clubs, actually.

:lol:
  • prb007
    prb007 Posts: 703
    I have to agree - 'eye of the the beholder' and all that,
    but not very inspiring, if paint shops can do it, why can't the major manufacturers?

http://www.velocolour.com/gallery-2010-01/index.html

anyone remember the Kleins from the 90's/00's before Trek got hold of them?

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur ... s%3Disch:1
    If Wales was flattened out, it'd be bigger than England!
    Planet X Ti Sportive for Sportives & tours
    Orange Alpine 160 for Afan,Alps & dodging trees
    Singlespeed Planet X Kaffenback for dodging potholes
    An On-One Inbred for hard-tail shenanigans...
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    He's a very naughty boy!!..................

2gtq1c9.jpg
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • lae
    lae Posts: 555
    GarethPJ wrote:
    The one thing that will improve almost any design is removing the decals and stripes, something this design has in spades.

Hehe. I agree, it's ridiculous machismo styling and I hate it. I call it Power Ranger Syndrome. Lots of things suffer from it - mobile phones, some cars, most motorcycles, most bicycles, even razors.

I think it would be better with just the seattube and a smaller downtube sticker. I'm not a fan of the lugs at all. It's not nearly as bad looking as most racing bikes though.