Rocky Mountain Blizzard

arian37
arian37 Posts: 77
edited April 2010 in Your mountain bikes
I know this doesn't strictly belong here because it is no longer my bike because someone nicked it :cry: but I still miss her

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48894215@N06/4523813238/

Spec:

FRAME: Reynolds 853 Frame, 18inch
FORKS: Rockshox REBA SL 115mm
WHEELS: XT hubs, Mavic XC117 Rims (pic with bontrager tyres but had Nobby Nics fitted when I rode it - much better)
BRAKES: Hayes Stroker Trail
DRIVE TRAIN: SLX throughout
SEATPOST: Thomson Elite
STEM: Race Face Dues (got a different one on in the pics)
BARS: Race Face Dues
SADDLE: Sella Italia Flite XP
GRIPS: Lizard Skin Moab lock on

Only thing I didn't like was the red on the Avid Flak Jackets cables

I notice that to get a frame now is over £800 :!: so I can't imagine them selling many of them

Comments

• blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    That's a very nice looking bike indeed. ;)
  • blister pus
    Only thing I didn't like was the red on the Avid Flak Jackets cables

and you're wrong, they finish it off perfectly. :lol:
  • arian37
    Do you think? Anyway, the important thing is they worked. I bought a pair of red Look Quartz pedals from CRC and they arrived the night before the bike was stolen! Luckily they were still in the house because I hadn't put them on.

It was a lovely ride, although the angles were a little steep for general trail riding.

Anyway, I'm sure whoever stole it managed to sell it for a few hundred quid!
  • blister pus
    It's certainly a good looking and very distinctive bike and a bit of a "niche" brand so i'm not surprised someone took a shine too it. The plus side is you'd certainly notice a Rocky Mountain Blizzard knocking around town if someone's stupid enough to have not stripped it down or moved it on to another area. Low life parasitic scum thieves really.
  • arian37
    I am still a little paranoid about anyone I see on a hardtail!! I spent a few months eyeballing everyone riding Cwmcarn just in case.

On the plus side, my house insurance paid out for it, although I had to deal with Wheelies and had a fairly dreadful experience with them, apart from thei valuation - which was astounding. My wife and I (she had her TREK 4300 custom stolen as well) ended up with about as much bike stuff as you could imagine, including a TREK 6700 WSD (for her), a Giant Talon 0 (for commuting for me but to be honest I ride this all the time - I fitted a REBA Race 120mm and Avid Elixir 5's and it's just such a nice ride) and a TREK Fuel EX8 :lol: - not be, eh? Apart from making my house look like a fortress it was almost worth it.