Ouch !!! thats just Great !!!

swells
swells Posts: 10
edited April 2010 in MTB beginners
Just Great ! got me a new bike through the bike scheme at work, thought in my old age to try again at pretending to be MTB'er well at least in my head :lol: ! ! . . . . . So what happens ?
Going to work in my van, stopped in traffic and then that ominous sound of screeching rubber and .... yeah you got it :shock: .
Cut to the chase ..... OH MY BACK ! Never known anything like it ! !
30 years in the building game has not been kind to my back ... but this is something else ! just as I was just getting back in the saddle so to speak and remembering how to pedal again :roll: !!
Buried in the mire of insurance and dosed up to my eye balls ( Legally ! :) ) Thinking of the plans I had about organising my first go at the South Downs which seems even more of a pipe dream to an old man !! :cry:
Sorry about the gripe and essay but just had to get it off my chest :evil:

Comments

• GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    What a pain in the..., err, back. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Might physio help?
  • swells
    swells Posts: 10
    Thanks for the sympathy much appreciated :) was just feeling sorry for myself :( as it goes off to the docs now about it . How did you land up in the US of A ? Cheers !
  • nikstar1
    nikstar1 Posts: 103
    I know the feeling - almost.

Took my new Specialized out last year and first ride on it - fell off and broke my ankle. Stupid mistake ended up in a stupid injury as I was beeing far too cocky!

6 weeks of not being able to ride - not fun!!

Wish you a speedy recovery!!
  • grubby
    grubby Posts: 214
    On the upside.. Your bike wasn't being carried on the back of the van at the time!!!!