Dalby today 15/04/10 Superb

trekex977
trekex977 Posts: 95
edited April 2010 in Routes
Hi All,

Done the full red route for the first time today at Dalby forest. The bike park was closed for maintenance but the whole red route is superb.

I was well impressed with the diversity of the red run and how well it was maintained. Conditions were perfect.

I will be visiting this place again before long.

Comments

• will2580
    will2580 Posts: 86
    i live in pickering about 5 miles from dalby. i go there nearly every weekend cos i love it!

the trails are great there
    commencal meta 5.5.3
  • will2580 wrote:
    i live in pickering about 5 miles from dalby. i go there nearly every weekend cos i love it!

the trails are great there

I envy you! Mind you i cant really complain. Its only a 45 minute drive for me im just very lazy and hate making the effort. Especially with the £7 entry fee. Anyway, can't complain, always have a great time when im there.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • t121anf
    t121anf Posts: 31
    £7? i thought it was £9 going off the Forestry Commisions website
  • There's a few of us going over tomorrow to do the Red Route .... am really looking forward to it, also the weather is meant to be good :)
  • paully617
    paully617 Posts: 139
    I second Ian (trek977). Having never ridden the route before i was shocked at how all the best bits of north and south wales can be roled into one place!!!

If i had to pick one fault with it, it would be the switchbacks on the downhill sections. They kill off any decent speed you get. If the d/h runs were streched out a bit more before the switchbacks, it would be pppppppppperfect!!!!

Ian, when i checked the rear pads in the giant, i discovered that they were no more!!!

fronts are ok for now!!

Also whilst in rutland cycles, i accidently treated myself to a new set of shoes!!!

Only snag i have now is i need some red bling on the bike to match the shoes. lol
    Trek Remedy 9.8 2013
  • trekex977
    trekex977 Posts: 95
    paully617 wrote:

Also whilst in rutland cycles, i accidently treated myself to a new set of shoes!!!

Only snag i have now is i need some red bling on the bike to match the shoes. lol

Have you gone and bought some ruby slippers then!...............................................................................theres no place like home, theres no place like home.
  • malc101
    malc101 Posts: 115
    I went to Dalby last weekend for the first time. I was very impressed with the mixture of riding, really fun route. I think it is better than Afan and Coedy...If it wasnt so far from Herts I would be there more often.
    MTB - 2013 Giant Trance X 29er 1
    Road - 2005 Lemond Maillot Jaune with 2013 105 and 2014 Fulcrum 5's
    Winter Hack - 2005 Marin Rocky Ridge with 1x9 and Rigid Conversion (On Going)
  • paully617
    I still enjoyed nearly as much as i lurved afans whites level.

Ian the shoes i got are the 2010 NW Lizzard Pro SBS is pimp white!!!

http://www.rutlandcycling.com/12808/Nor ... o-SBS.html

they are like slippers !!!

Just got home from a weeks gliding course that got cancelled coz of the volcanic ash and that we were on a raf airfield. Only justice i felt on my return to conz is that all the jets are fuckked after only one day of flying......

Muchos engine changes!!! lol
    Trek Remedy 9.8 2013
  • paully617
    oops!!

need to BEADWINDOW myself there!!
    Trek Remedy 9.8 2013