Tyre types and inner tubes

Ronocco111
Ronocco111 Posts: 70
edited April 2010 in MTB beginners
What is the difference between foldable and wire bead?
I was thinking of getting the Minion DHF mountain 2.35 tyres, is this a good choice for a Specialized Hardrock Sport? I'll be using it for trail riding and a little bit of downhilling.
92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig.

Comments

• Sorry, I forgot to add that I would also be purchasing Maxxis Freeride Inner tubes as well, are these any good?
    92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig.
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Kevlar (folding) beads fold, steel (wire) beads don't. Also folding/kevlar beads are lighter and usually easier to mount on the rim.

They would be a great choice for a hardrock but are you sure you would need the freeride tubes? How much do you weigh and what do you ride?
  • Well the only reason I considered the freeride tubes is that the welter weight schrader inner tubes only go up to 2.125. I'm only 9 stone and I ride mainly trails and a bit of downhilling
  • peter413
    Well have a look at the Continental Mtb tube.

Thats what I use with my maxxis tyres and does any size from 1.9-2.5 with one tube :D
  • Thanks, but the problem with that is that the valve is a presta
  • peter413
    No, there is a presta and a schrader version

Here http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=18901 last 2 are schrader[/url]
  • Oh sorry didn't see that, thanks a lot for your help :D