Eagle RC Hog Hill Circuits - 17 April

phersey
phersey Posts: 30
edited April 2010 in Amateur race
The Eagle Road Club, one of Essex's longest established cycling clubs, is promoting three open events this season, starting with this Saturday, 17 April, at Hog Hill.

The Inaugural Eagle RC Circuit races are being held at the Redbridge Cycling Centre. There will be events for everyone, and all races are entry on the line with riders new to the racing scene welcome on the day.

There are races in the morning for boys and girls Under 8 through Under 16 age groups. The afternoon has races for Women, Masters (for 40+ year old riders), and three events for seniors - 4th category, 3rd / 4th category and finishing the day with the E12 category event.

The Youth races are a joint promotion with the Lea Valley Youth CC, and the women's event has the support of the London Women's Cycle Racing League, although not as a counting event for the League Series this year. Juniors will race in their category with junior prizes in each of the senior and women's races.

Races

- Youth Only E Youth U8 5/3 10:00 (£4.00)

- Youth Only C, D Youth U12/U10 10/6 10:20 (£4.00)

- Youth Only A, B Youth U16/U14 19/12 11:00 (£5.00)

- Regional C+ 4th Cat Only 12:00 (£12.00)

- Masters Only Elite, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th Masters 40+ 13:00 (£12.00)

- Regional B 3rd and 4th Cat 14:15 (£12.00)

- Women Only All cats 14:16 (£12.00)

- National B Elite, 1st, 2nd, 3rd 15:30 (£12.00)

Comments

• I'll probably be doing the 4th cat race
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Did the 4ths race yesterday. I'd forgotten how nice that circuit is (only ridden it once before).

Had a few digs off the front but couldn't get a gap. In fact none of the attacks lasted much more than 1/2 a lap.........typical of 4th cat races I guess in that nobody is strong enough to just ride off the front.

Will have to try and get back down there soon.
  • chaffordred
    chaffordred Posts: 131
    Yesterdays conditions were perfect for racing. - No wind, cool, but a perfect blue sky. Completely different to the first time I raced there. My average for yesterday in the 4'ths was 23 and in windy conditions a few weeks back it was 21MPH.The 4th cat bunch stayed together right to the line.
  • robrauy
    robrauy Posts: 252
    Yesterdays conditions were perfect for racing. - No wind, cool, but a perfect blue sky. Completely different to the first time I raced there. My average for yesterday in the 4'ths was 23 and in windy conditions a few weeks back it was 21MPH.The 4th cat bunch stayed together right to the line.

+1 - A lovely day. If I had turned up for the later races, I'd have been tempted to spend the afternoon sunbathing on the grass !

Enjoyed the cat 4 race as well. I saw one crash at the top of the hill which nearly took me out, where some body had a little wobble and took himself and the guy out next to him.

It felt like a big field up to the end and I spent too much time mid pack - I found it pretty hard to make up any places to get nearer the front. Lack of experience I guess...
  • Si C
    Si C Posts: 130
    robrauy wrote:
    Enjoyed the cat 4 race as well. I saw one crash at the top of the hill which nearly took me out, where some body had a little wobble and took himself and the guy out next to him.

It felt like a big field up to the end and I spent too much time mid pack - I found it pretty hard to make up any places to get nearer the front. Lack of experience I guess...

Yes...I was the guy next to him :wink:
  • robrauy
    Si C wrote:
    robrauy wrote:

Ouch! Hope you were both ok ?
  • Si C
    Si C Posts: 130
    robrauy wrote:
    Si C wrote:
    robrauy wrote:

Ouch! Hope you were both ok ?

All I know is 2 riders just in front and to the left of me hit each other and the one nearest one went over and into my path. I ran over his leg and front wheel, took a bit of a twist to my ankle and ran off onto the grass. Race over with just 2 laps to go......not a good day.
  • Ouch. I managed to swerve left and avoid you, but couldn't get back onto the back of the bunch then (see race reports thread).
  • Photos up now on the London Cyclesport website:. Follow this link

I think photos Eagle103 and Eagle104 show the aftermath of the crash (not that you can see anyone on the deck).
  • robrauy
    Photos up now on the London Cyclesport website:. Follow this link

I think photos Eagle103 and Eagle104 show the aftermath of the crash (not that you can see anyone on the deck).

Website is down for me...And I was really looking forward to seeing some pics of myself suffering :)
  • phersey
    phersey Posts: 30
    Thanks for coming along to our circuit races. Hopefully, we will be promoting similar Hog Hill circuit races in 2011.