"Tour du Nord"

Porkyboy
Porkyboy Posts: 433
Hi

Not posted here for a while but in preparation for my forthcoming Tour de France ride a mate and I are planning a 4 day "Tour du Nord" over the Bank Holiday weekend at the end of May. If anyone fancies riding one or more of the stages, or all of them, feel free to get in touch.

The route is planned and all the details are available online, I can make the details available as a .pdf and I can also make the stage routes available as Garmin .tcx files as people will need to be able to self navigate in case things get split up.

This is not an organised sportive, it's an informal training ride and people are welcome to join us for as little or as much of the ride as they wish. It's ideal preparation for longer events later in the year or for anyone wanting to do a "training camp" without all the hassle and cost of overseas travel.

Details of the "Tour du Nord" are available here: http://tinyurl.com/y5e55ju

Gonna be quite a ride! :D

Comments

• Porkyboy
    Porkyboy Posts: 433
    Hi

Well, it's finally come around and tomorrow is the start of my "Tour du Nord" ride :D

All pretty much ready for blast off, I'll be posting updates each day on my Tour de France training blog (link in signature) and there will be a GPS position tracker running with the position updated every 5 minutes.

Just 11 hours to go, then I'll find out whether my endurance is up to scratch for the Tour de France ride in July.

Q
    Porkyboy wrote:
    Not posted here for a while but in preparation for my forthcoming Tour de France ride a mate and I are planning a 4 day "Tour du Nord" over the Bank Holiday weekend at the end of May. If anyone fancies riding one or more of the stages, or all of them, feel free to get in touch.

The route is planned and all the details are available online, I can make the details available as a .pdf and I can also make the stage routes available as Garmin .tcx files as people will need to be able to self navigate in case things get split up.

This is not an organised sportive, it's an informal training ride and people are welcome to join us for as little or as much of the ride as they wish. It's ideal preparation for longer events later in the year or for anyone wanting to do a "training camp" without all the hassle and cost of overseas travel.

Details of the "Tour du Nord" are available here: http://tinyurl.com/y5e55ju

Gonna be quite a ride! :D