UKIP Manifesto

Justinjured
Justinjured Posts: 142
edited April 2010 in MTB general
I get the impression UKIP do not like cyclists very much!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2 ... st-pledges

Comments

• i got the impresson ukip dont like anyone very much thou to be fair to them :) its not just us they hate, its the whole world
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    I wonder how much space is taken up in Dutch manifestos for cyclists? Probably over half. Cycling may be gaining in popularity but apart from a bit of VAT, the government makes naff all from it so they basically sideline it.

A shame.
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    It's pretty much a hardback copy of the Daily Fail so I'm guessing that BNP - Lite are pretty anti-everyone.
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    vote for me and i'll put lush singletrack everywhere for your commute to work :wink:

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Hercule Q wrote:
    vote for me and i'll put lush singletrack everywhere for your commute to work :wink:

*votes*
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Vote for me..

I will give us singltrack, chair lifts and i will bring back execution for chavs and people who litter :p
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Surf-Matt wrote:
    I wonder how much space is taken up in Dutch manifestos for cyclists? Probably over half.

Lol!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Hercule Q wrote:

Hercule for queen!
  • Hercule Q
    horay for mee! mooove over lizzie i'm in charge now Biatch *pimp slaps the queen* :lol:

pinkbike
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    Hercule Q wrote:

Good morning Prime Minister, can I get you a drink?
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q wrote:

Good morning Prime Minister, can I get you a drink?

i'll have the blood of mr brown served up in a hollowed out mr blairs head :twisted:

pinkbike
  • Itsari
    Itsari Posts: 346
    You can promise all the lush singletrack in the world but you won't get my vote until you have a manly beard and killed a bear with your bare hands!

(Ok you would get my vote but the beard/bear slaying would seal the deal)
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    Ukip would consult on the desirability of minimum third party liability insurance cover for cyclists - a simple annual flat rate registration 'Cycledisc', stuck to the bicycle frame, to cover damage to cars and others, which are currently unprotected.

I ain't sticking no badge to my frames..
    Ukip believes off road dedicated lanes are preferable to a confusing maze of cycle lanes on unsuitable or dangerous roads, which is problematic for cyclists as well as other road users.

Off road commuting? Its nice in the summer.. not so great in the winter.
    We support provision of cycle parking at reasonable charges.

**** off.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    My manifesto

1. Bike to work scheme relaunched as cheap bikes for everyone (i.e. no VAT and you get the income tax back).
    2. No VAT on anything cycle related, i.e. if you ride a bike you don't pay VAT on anything.
    3. All footpaths become open to cyclists.
    4. More money for trail centres, less money for chavs.
    5. Armed security at trail centres (to sort out the pedestrians and motor bikes).
    6. All red socks to be banned.

All I ask for in return is an MPs expense account :lol:
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Draw nobs on their foreheads
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    stumpyjon wrote:
    My manifesto

1. Bike to work scheme relaunched as cheap bikes for everyone (i.e. no VAT and you get the income tax back).
    2. No VAT on anything cycle related, i.e. if you ride a bike you don't pay VAT on anything.
    3. All footpaths become open to cyclists.
    4. More money for trail centres, less money for chavs.
    5. Armed security at trail centres (to sort out the pedestrians and motor bikes).
    6. All red socks to be banned.

All I ask for in return is an MPs expense account :lol:

And no horse riders allowed on any trail anywhere. Or dog walkers.
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    OK no dog walkers, I'll put up with the horse riders though despite the mudfest they bring during the winter. Round where I am they're fairly friendly and have done quite alot to open up rights of way. Mary Townley, RIP.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result