thatscold
thatscold Posts: 50
edited April 2010 in MTB general
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQQLsHhVT1o

A nice run through of the course.

Comments

• x-isle
    x-isle Posts: 794
    National riders who can't get up a steep banking??????......

Good insight though.
    Craig Rogers
  • hoochylala
    hoochylala Posts: 987
    Thanks for this , maybe going up next weekend to watch so was good to have a look at the whole course - fancy riding it myself now :)
  • x-isle
    hoochylala wrote:
    Thanks for this , maybe going up next weekend to watch so was good to have a look at the whole course - fancy riding it myself now :)

Why not ride the open race on the Saturday then?
    Craig Rogers
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    that looks ace fun, i dfinately want to visit for a couple of days.
  • Johnny Napalm
    Johnny Napalm Posts: 1,458
    Wow! That narrator certainly builds the excitement!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Marin
    SS Inbred
    Mongoose Teocali Super
  • Tolk
    Tolk Posts: 775
    Wow! That narrator certainly builds the excitement!

:lol:
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    Not saying the track looks easy, the climbs look killer hard but doesn't seem to be very technical? Or is it more about the endurance and climbs...? :P
  • x-isle
    Judging on the kid riding, it can't be over technical as he'll snap!

I've seen more meat on a Butcher's pencil! :shock:
    Craig Rogers
  • Anonymous
    x-isle wrote:
    Judging on the kid riding, it can't be over technical as he'll snap!

I've seen more meat on a Butcher's pencil! :shock:

they look very "singletrackworld" to me.
  • dogboy73
    dogboy73 Posts: 440
    Looks good. Worry Gill looks ........ worrying! The drop in looks like it could easily tip you over the bars if your not careful. Some of the technical climbs look very challenging. I'd love to have a go on this circuit though.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    why do they call the worry gill chute a drop?
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    Yeah, that bit looks quite easy :?
  • lol!!

Nice combination of a blue/red route there... nothing looks "challenging" as such.

The guy on the Yeti was a rite twonk!

Would like to ride it too, looks pretty fun :)

are xc races less about skill but more about fitness then? Those 2 didn't seem very confident!
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Looks fun will have to have a shoot round when I visit the relatives in York although its a bit short for my liking at 6.5km.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Couple of moderately hardish bits, looks fun - good mix for the course.

Who wouldn't take the rocky line in that dual bit?! Hold on, let the bike do the work.
  • dogboy73
    dogboy73 Posts: 440
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    Nothing looks "challenging" as such.
    Those technical climbs look challenging to me ......... but that's probably because I ride that stuff about as well as I jump i.e. like an elephant! In fact I'm not a very good rider at all!! :oops: I'd like to think I'd breeze the Dalby World Cup course (in my own time of course). But inreality I'd find some of the sections very tough. I like the look of the rock descent. I love riding that sort of stuff. Like the technical descents as well. Looks like a fun course to ride if nothing else.
  • dogboy73 wrote:
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    Nothing looks "challenging" as such.
    Those technical climbs look challenging to me ......... but that's probably because I ride that stuff about as well as I jump i.e. like an elephant! In fact I'm not a very good rider at all!! :oops: I'd like to think I'd breeze the Dalby World Cup course (in my own time of course). But inreality I'd find some of the sections very tough. I like the look of the rock descent. I love riding that sort of stuff. Like the technical descents as well. Looks like a fun course to ride if nothing else.

Bah...climbs aren't challenging! they're just in the way!

Push :wink:
  • Is the route going to be open to the public once the event is gone and out of the way? Would love to give that a go when im back up in york.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    tbh after all the hype of "its the hardest course ever!!!!!!!!" from that video, it looks pretty tame to me :lol: worry gill looks nothing to right home about, we've bigger and scarier drops round by me, and the tech climbs look pretty easy imo, tech yes, but get the right gear and you'll sail over it :wink:

now ive seen the dual bit too, i have to laugh at MBR who said only the bravest riders will take the "harder" line, from the video it looks no worse than any other rock garden you'll find at a trail centre imo.

obviously until i ride it i can only by the video, but it looks fun rather than tough :lol:
  • Anonymous
    i look forward to seeing you all on the world cup circuit next year.
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Wont load for me, trying again later.

The old Red Bull at CYB had a nasty dip at the end of Snap-Crackle-Pop.
    Got deeper each year, with loadsa buttovertit offs.

Then it got filled in.

Damn that Dafydd Davies and his holefilling machines!
    Damn him to the hell fires of Hades!
  • lugsey2k5
    lugsey2k5 Posts: 960
    iv rode the dual bit and its not technical in the slightest and i certainly wouldn't say rocky.
    i wouldn't say any of the rout looked too technical but then again im not racing round as fast as i can with my seat right up my arse for those steep drops (roll offs) so i can imagine its gonna cause a few offs. was there the other week and the GB xc team was there. although stupidly fast they were more about speed than line choice so most is about fitness for them
  • will2580
    will2580 Posts: 86
    north-sure wrote:
    Is the route going to be open to the public once the event is gone and out of the way? Would love to give that a go when im back up in york.

yeh the route is most likely going to be open to the public
    i have been on the majority of it already. its quite good
    commencal meta 5.5.3
  • The two technical bits - Worry Gill and Medusa's drop would be much easier on a 140mm all mountain bike than those superlight 100mm racers - perhaps the GB team are underbiked? (Baits hook and waits expectantly :wink: ).

Seriously though it will be fun watching the WC guys riding that course at silly speed. Hope they film it.
    Scott Genius 08, Marin Rock Springs 08, Marin Pine Mountain 89
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I bet they all use hardtails for it.
  • supersonic wrote:
    I bet they all use hardtails for it.

thats because they're better though :wink:

the guy on the yeti is crap!
  • hamboman
    hamboman Posts: 512
    lawman wrote:

now ive seen the dual bit too, i have to laugh at MBR who said only the bravest riders will take the "harder" line, from the video it looks no worse than any other rock garden you'll find at a trail centre imo.

obviously until i ride it i can only by the video, but it looks fun rather than tough :lol:

They were refering to the Medussa section, not shown on the video. The slower line is a separate section of berms that takes around twelve second longer to ride.
  • R.lepecha
    R.lepecha Posts: 67
    oooh :) looks pretty good this, im off up with my mates late next month. for a weekend trip, should be good
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    edited April 2010
    Nothing ever looks as hard on video as it does up close, surely everyone knows this by now? And they're doing it all on XC race bikes, skinny tyres and high seatposts. From what I've seen of it I don't think there's anything to give me too much bother but then I'd probably be on the Soul with 130mm of travel, 2.35 tyres and a dropper seatpost!

Nice to know y'all are so brilliant though ;)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    I can't wait to see the main pack fighting for position through the 4X track on the last lap- on XC race bikes it should be interesting! That techy climb towards the end looked like one of those 'hit it perfectly and it's easy, miss by a millimetre and you're off' types
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.