New Cycle Sport

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited April 2010 in Pro race
For those who have seen it - Any guesses who the quoted cyclist in Broomwagon is slagging off forum people?

I know he's not talking about me because I'm not 50 and don't have Vicky P wallpaper.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    I haven't read the quote but I'd slag off forums to, one visit to the cyclingnews.com forum is enough to put me off a holiday in America: can so many people be so wrong so often? :wink:
  • iainf72
    Kléber wrote:
    I haven't read the quote but I'd slag off forums to, one visit to the cyclingnews.com forum is enough to put me off a holiday in America: can so many people be so wrong so often? :wink:

The quote was definitely talking about "british" forums with mentioning Victoria P.
  • Kléber
    veloriders then?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    I really like that magazine yet they have too much love for Wiggins and Lance. The amount of covers they have taken up this year and last yet none of them have won anything this year or last or even done well this year.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    iainf72 wrote:
    For those who have seen it - Any guesses who the quoted cyclist in Broomwagon is slagging off forum people?

Well, I've narrowed it down to a shortlist of one.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • iainf72
    RichN95 wrote:

Wiggins or Cav?
  • RichN95.
    iainf72 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Wiggins or Cav?

Cav. I suppose it could be Wiggins, but he doesn't seem to rant or swear as much to reporters.
  • Kléber
    I really like that magazine yet they have too much love for Wiggins and Lance. The amount of covers they have taken up this year and last yet none of them have won anything this year or last or even done well this year.
    When you put Lance on the cover, sales soar.
  • frenchfighter
    I would have thought the majority of sales come from subscriptions? It would be interesting to know what proportion of sales are one-offs.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • To save me ripping the plastic bag open in Smiths, what's the Giro preview like? Worthy buying?
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    The Giro preview is a similar format to last years if that helps your decision :wink:
  • RichN95.
    To save me ripping the plastic bag open in Smiths, what's the Giro preview like? Worthy buying?

The usual sort of stuff. All the stage routes with profiles, a run down of the big names and which teams will be there and a list of past winners. Plus an article about the 7-Eleven team in 1985 which I quite liked.
  • frenchfighter
    RichN95 wrote:
    Plus an article about the 7-Eleven team in 1985 which I quite liked.

Yes, this was very interesting.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    I would have thought the majority of sales come from subscriptions? It would be interesting to know what proportion of sales are one-offs.

I would have thought that a majority of subscriptions come from a one off sale :)
  • Kléber
    Sonny73 wrote:
    The Giro preview is a similar format to last years if that helps your decision :wink:
    Nothing that you won't find on the internet: a collection of maps and profiles then. Aka padding.
  • Many thanks all, while the 7-Eleven bit sounds good, overall it sounds like one to miss then unless I get too desperate. I see there's a preview in ProCycling too, so that'll have to do.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Kléber wrote:
    When you put Lance on the cover, sales soar.

I don't know, the article they did about lances comeback year was pretty scathing. It's the most negative thing about lance I've seen in print. Unless you count those pamplets that bikingbernie hands out in the centre of town at weekends.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • I have a Viccy P wallpaper :(
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    RichN95 wrote:

Cav. I suppose it could be Wiggins, but he doesn't seem to rant or swear as much to reporters.

Right.
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    I'm not 50 and I'm hunting for Cav wallpaper.

Aye, methinks it was the Manxman indeed. When you're 24, fifty seems ancient, over the hill and without a life. When actually each decade keeps getting better.
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    Kléber wrote:
    Sonny73 wrote:
    Nothing that you won't find on the internet: a collection of maps and profiles then. Aka padding.
    I'll be buying it tomorrow. I have enjoyed the last 2 or 3 issues, and during the GTs I find it helps to have some glossy paper lying around to remind me what the stages are about. I spend long enough at the 'pooter in work (and on cycling forums!) so I don't mind a few quid if it gets me a something worth more than a glance.

CS has trounced Procycling in this respect of late. This month's seems good, as others have said, with the 7-Eleven feature etc. Going by this article it's not short of decent content. Seems to have a favourable editorial : advert ratio too.

I really don't want to see LA gurning from every cover but if he, Cavendish and Wiggins help shift copies in order to pay for decent content - and they don't dominate the other 100+ pages inside - then I will happily live with it.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.