A Tip For You...

essex-commuter
essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
edited April 2010 in Commuting chat
If on occasions you have to do a Superman and change out of your commuting clothes in a toilet cubicle at work...put the lid down first. If you're in a rush and dump things on the cistern at the back there is a chance that your glove could fall into the bowl...not that I'm talking from experience...it happened to a friend etc. :oops:

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,416
    Pre or post flush?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,200
    Even worse if it's your tootpaste tube that goes in, as happened to me recently....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    rjsterry wrote:
    Pre or post flush?

Post...phew.

I guess it would be phew if it was pre too really!
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    think yourself lucky it wasn't a phone; it happened to a firend of mine too.
  • jrduquemin
    jrduquemin Posts: 791
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Even worse if it's your tootpaste tube that goes in, as happened to me recently....

or even your toothbrush!!
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    gbsahne wrote:

Happened to a lass i knew at uni while drunk on a friday night... had it replaced.... guess what happened the following friday night. She was never allowed to forget it.
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Tip no.2:

Never get changed in a cubicle when the next is occupied.

Getting changed while someone is producing grunts and splashing noises, is just not right....
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,200
    Tip no.2:

Never get changed in a cubicle when the next is occupied.

Getting changed while someone is producing grunts and splashing noises, is just not right....
    To be avoided like the plague the morning after a works curry night out. The sound of 'pebbledashing' is never pleasant.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Can I also suggest that if you nip to the cubicles to try on some Bib-shorts you've just had delivered, that you close the lid in case the tags ping off and land in the toilet? You'll never be able to send them back if they don't fit. :oops:
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    gbsahne wrote:
    happened to me one friday morning just before i left for work, got dressed but was running late and suddenly realised my call of nature was going to happen 10mins early (once im on the bike it doesnt affect me and is suppressed).

Got in the bathroom at home, whipped off my top, put everything in my helmet on the ledge. Bib shorts down. business done. flush. wash hands. go to put my jersey back on and BAM everything goes down the bog (apart from my helmet).

Rescued it all out. Phone was broken :( orange replaced on insurance for free :D
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    Tip no 3. get changed in the disabled toilet. its bigger, and you wont have anyone in another cubicle next to you. Also the likelihood of someone else needing it isnt very high