Rockshox SID 2010 decals

toby_winkler
toby_winkler Posts: 1,298
edited April 2010 in MTB general
I just got my new forks this morning and I was wanting to change the grey decals that came on the forks to the replacement orange ones which came with them. Does anybody know how to remove the decals that are already on the forks, as they don't seem to just peel off.

Comments

• RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    Call up rockshox, ask them. Have you looked at the instruction manual?
  • toby_winkler
    RealMan wrote:
    Call up rockshox, ask them. Have you looked at the instruction manual?

I don't have the instruction manual as I bought them off someone from the classifieds. I am going to look on the sram website see if there is an instruction manual on there.
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    I just got my new forks this morning and I was wanting to change the grey decals that came on the forks to the replacement orange ones which came with them. Does anybody know how to remove the decals that are already on the forks, as they don't seem to just peel off.

They are clear coated over so you cant remove them. Well if you want to butcher the lowers you can but that's not the greatest of ideas. Just for vanity's sake anyway.

All you can do is by 'Authentic' RS SID decals and lay them over the top, as the snide ebay ones are absoutely crap quality, smaller than authentic ones and look fake as feck.

£17
  • toby_winkler
    They are clear coated over so you cant remove them. Well if you want to butcher the lowers you can but that's not the greatest of ideas. Just for vanity's sake anyway.

All you can do is by 'Authentic' RS SID decals and lay them over the top, as the snide ebay ones are absoutely crap quality, smaller than authentic ones and look fake as feck.

£17

Cheers Cheesey, my first thought was to just lay them over the top but I just though I would check first so I didn't screw it up. I already have some of the "Authentic" decals, so everything should be fine.
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651

£17

Cheers Cheesey, my first thought was to just lay them over the top but I just though I would check first so I didn't screw it up. I already have some of the "Authentic" decals, so everything should be fine.

Happy days - jobs a goodun!!! :D
  • wavey1490
    wavey1490 Posts: 39
    so whats the point of rock shox supplying these forks with different decal coour options, if they ae lackered over so you cant replace them ???? I'd give fisher outdoor a xall and see what they have to say IMO
    Anorexic Racing Snake ;)