OT - Yay!

FeynmanC
FeynmanC Posts: 649
edited April 2010 in Commuting chat
I'm all on my own in the office and my Mrs has just let me know she's got her first ongoing client for the Virtual Assistant business she started when she was made redundant at the start of the year.

This means we can pay the mortgage again:)

Just had to share the good news -

Anyone else had anything nice happen to them or good news today?
us0.png

Comments

• zanes
    zanes Posts: 563
    I've got a trip to London this weekend, built around an awards ceremony at canary wharf. And that sounds a lot more exciting in my head than it did there. :lol:
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    Coo, what's a virtual assistant?
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • fnegroni
    fnegroni Posts: 794
    I was promoted without a pay rise! :-).... oh wait.... damn! :evil:
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I drove in today. Wafted more like, sitting on warmed leather seats, R4 on, cruise on most of the way, and arrived without the need for a recovery period, coffee & strip wash in the disabled loo. Then the manglement meeting went on into the afternoon so a free lunch arrived. Lovely.

Tomorrow? Back on 2 wheels and another jostle at getting out of the 40s in the Stats thing. Gawd I hate that table. :|
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    I didn't get a payrise, got a bonus though......spent it on the wife.

Apprently, my colleagues have to catch up with my pay........!?!?!??!
  • FeynmanC
    sarajoy wrote:

Small companies or freelancers that need a little help with things like spreadsheets, market/competitor reasearch, webcontent, etc, but don't have the time or skills to do it themselves and there's not enough to justify employing someone to do it full time.

They can buy the time of a virtual assistant to do a specific one-off task or take on some of their day to day stuff, leaving them time to concentrate on their business.

She's working at the London Marathon in a couple of weekends too.

Hows your achey arm healing?
    us0.png
  • lardboy
    lardboy Posts: 343
    Nailed an application for a job I really want. I really need it as well, but I'm massively confident after this application. The supporting statement bit had availability for 4,000 characters, and I hit 3,990 without editing. It's a sign.

The job will be mine. My bank manager demands it, and I want it. So it will be.
    Bike/Train commuter: Brompton S2L - "Machete"
    12mile each way commuter: '11 Boardman CX with guards and rack
    For fun: '11 Wilier La Triestina
    SS: '07 Kona Smoke with yellow bits
  • FeynmanC
    Good luck Lardboy!
    us0.png
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    CiB wrote:
    Tomorrow? Back on 2 wheels and another jostle at getting out of the 40s in the Stats thing. Gawd I hate that table. :|

If I were you, I'd find out where the git that made that table lives and give him a good kicking.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • rolf_f
    FeynmanC wrote:
    sarajoy wrote:

Small companies or freelancers that need a little help with things like spreadsheets, market/competitor reasearch, webcontent, etc, but don't have the time or skills to do it themselves and there's not enough to justify employing someone to do it full time.

They can buy the time of a virtual assistant to do a specific one-off task or take on some of their day to day stuff, leaving them time to concentrate on their business.

So she's like a 3d version of the Microsoft paperclip only hopefully less annoying?!! :lol:
  • FeynmanC
    Rolf F wrote:

So she's like a 3d version of the Microsoft paperclip only hopefully less annoying?!! :lol:

:lol:

She thought that was most amusing - you are a lucky man - she could have hunted you down :wink:
    us0.png
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Sounds like a brilliant idea - why did no one else think of that ?
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Just been told that my better half has just had her settlement visa approved; means she and my daughter will back with me shortly :P :P :P :P
  • fenboy369
    fenboy369 Posts: 425
    Found out that my job isnt on the at Risk list for redundancies. Fingers crossed for the wifes now...
    '11 Cannondale Synapse 105CD - FCN 4
    '11 Schwinn Corvette - FCN 15?
    '09 Pitch Comp - FCN (why bother?) 11
    '07 DewDeluxe (Bent up after being run over) - FCN 8
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,416
    gtvlusso wrote:
    Apparently, my colleagues have to catch up with my pay........!?!?!??!

Been there, got the t-shirt. On the other hand, I still have a job, and there's [plenty of work coming in, which in my industry is not to be sniffed at.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rolf_f
    FeynmanC wrote:
    She thought that was most amusing - you are a lucky man - she could have hunted you down :wink:

She'd be at the back of a longish queue........
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    FeynmanC wrote:
    sarajoy wrote:

Dayum, sounds like my ideal job - and here I am about to start a PGCE... let me know if she expands the business, aye? ;)

Oh and the arm's pretty good - very occasional clicks and twinges now but I have all movement back without pain :)
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif