Man flu and commuting

tgotb
tgotb Posts: 4,714
edited April 2010 in Commuting chat
Had a bad case of man flu for the last two weeks now. Normal cold symptoms, but with a really nasty cough which doesn't seem to be going away. I've carried on commuting on the bike for the whole time (14 miles each way), and although it's not half as much fun (especially in the mornings) it's still better than the train - and I'm managing to minimise the loss of scalps :-)

After 2 weeks, man flu just doesn't seem to be getting any better; could I be prolonging it with all the cycling, or do I just need to MTFU?
Pannier, 120rpm.

Comments

• BiggerBoat
    BiggerBoat Posts: 168
    We need a bigger boat.

Giant OCR 4
    Trek Madone 5.2
    Ridgeback Speed (FCN 15)
  • fnegroni
    fnegroni Posts: 794
    TGOTB wrote:
    After 2 weeks, man flu just doesn't seem to be getting any better; could I be prolonging it with all the cycling, or do I just need to MTFU?

I think it really depends.

My own personal statistic tells me it does not matter whether I exercise or not during illness, provided I can exercise of course.
    So I just MTFU.

But if it's a chest infection, and you are not treating it, cycling 14 miles and then work would not be beneficial either.

If you have been cycling for two weeks and it hasn't got any worse, than I can't think it is anything particularly aggressive, it might just linger about anyway.

But as usual, a trip to the GP or NHS Direct would be the first point of contact!