Need a new mimi pump

redvee
redvee Posts: 11,922
edited April 2010 in Commuting chat
What can SCR's recommend? I broke one of the clips that holds my Zeflal on tonight and haven't got ant spares left it seems. Budget of £20-£30. Nothing listed in the Bike & Gear bit of BR that I could see.

TIA
I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.

Comments

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Top Peak Road Morph or Mini Morph. Both good.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    I've got a Lezyne Pressure Drive Mini Pump Medium, had to use it half a dozen times so far and pretty easy to get up to >100psi
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • mudcovered
    mudcovered Posts: 725
    Asprilla wrote:
    Top Peak Road Morph or Mini Morph. Both good.
    I can vouch for both of these personally. Had the road morph for years and bough the mini version recently to replace a much older (>10 years) version of the same pump.

The mini morph gets my 700x34 CX tyres to 70psi in about 120 strokes (I know this as I've been a bit unlucky with unscheduled deflations in the last month :( ).

Mike
  • snellgrove
    snellgrove Posts: 171
    I've got a 'SecondWind Road' which can be pumped, or plug a CO2 into it if you're lazy and/or want a full 120PSI instead of the 60 my weedy arms can muster from any mini pump.

Haven't had to try it out yet..... but it seems sturdy and good enough quality. and, mini. really quite mini.

linkification
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I have a Leyzne Pressure Drive. Not had to use it yet but I bought it on the basis of all the reviews I could find around the internet; nothing else stood out. Not heard anything bad about them and they are beautifully made.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • I've got an old Blackburn Super Airstick pump that's served me well for well over a decade. Only had a problem a few months ago when an O-ring slipped out of place, but the pump can be completely disassembled and a repair kit with replacements for all seals, springs, etc. was easily available for <£5. Spare mounting clips are also easily available, so I just bought a couple of those for the bikes I've acquired since without having to get a new pump.

Basically, works very well and reliably, and spares are easy enough to get that I've never found myself in the same quandary as you. Only downside is I've never been able to justify buying a shiny new pump!
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    The Topeak model for around £15. The thin one. I'm afraid I can't be more specific :oops: .
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    I've got a Lezyne Pressure Drive.

Awesome little pump - it's managed to survive the washing machine, too!
  • zanes
    zanes Posts: 563
    cjcp wrote:
    The Topeak model for around £15. The thin one. I'm afraid I can't be more specific :oops: .

This one;

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Topea ... 360012679/

I have this, tis win (as evidenced by the "incident" earlier this week. What's that hissing noise? :evil: )
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    The specialized air tool road was the cheapest one I could find with a decent review. Works a treat too.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Zachariah
    Zachariah Posts: 782
    I have the Topeak Road mini - I'm afraid I can't recommend it, as it's extremely difficult to get a good connection between pump and valve. Topeak track pumps are, however, excellent - if only you could use the fastener they have on those things for the minis, they'd be awesome.
  • beverick
    beverick Posts: 3,461
    Oddjob62 wrote:
    I've got a Lezyne Pressure Drive Mini Pump Medium, had to use it half a dozen times so far and pretty easy to get up to >100psi

Ditto.

Bob
  • gert_lush
    gert_lush Posts: 634
    I have a topeak pocket rocket DX http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=7352 although thats mainly because its shiny, and I like shiny
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    I recently bought a Top Peak Road Morph based on the positive comments from other people on the web. It's on the bigger end of the mini pump scale, but apparently it's able to pump to a higher pressure because it's like a mini floor pump. Haven't really used it in anger yet though.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,416
    Who's mimi, and why does she need a pump? Can't believe Greg T missed that one.

I recently made an emergency "I just need a pump, mate" purchase of a Bontrager Air Support, which seems fairly well put together, but thankfully haven't needed to use it so far. Old Spesh Airtool self-dissassembled somewhere between Stockwell and The City after a few years of good service - was a full length version though.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition