Ribble

Headhuunter
Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
edited April 2010 in Commuting chat
Anyone have any secret number for Ribble Cycles? Would like to order a bike with them on Cyclescheme but have a couple of questions to ask 1st. Have tried calling but can never get through have tried emailing but no response. What do you have to do to communicate with them?
Do not write below this line. Office use only.

Comments

• clanton
    clanton Posts: 1,289
    I've called them before - usually takes two or three attempts to get through but you do win eventually!
  • Headhuunter
    I called them on Monday to ask whether they were in Cyclescheme - stupid question to ask really as it's on their website! They answered after literally 2 rings! However now that I have a potential £1000 order and some valid questions I can't for the life of me reach them... Have tried many, many times
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Hmmmm.

In that situation I'd send them a sharp email and take your business elsewhere if you don't hear back.
  • Headhuunter
    Hmmmm.

In that situation I'd send them a sharp email and take your business elsewhere if you don't hear back.

Yes, I'm on the verge of going elsewhere, just that their bikes seem to be the best value in the price £600 ish price range, best componentry etc etc. However if they don't answer their phone or respond to emails when I'm a potential customer, what're they going to be like once they've got my money and I need to reach them with a question or possible problem with the bike?
  • Given the time of year/weather, I'd expect them to be more than a little busy. It's not an excuse, I'm sure, but you can perhaps understand.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    i'm told their customer service is somewhat lacking, I've not had that experience personally and I do love their 'cost effective' product ranges.

If your around on Friday I'll have my Ribble winter, I might even let you look at it :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Headhuunter
    Given the time of year/weather, I'd expect them to be more than a little busy. It's not an excuse, I'm sure, but you can perhaps understand.

Must admit I did think of that. Wish I'd got myself organised when it was snowing, I bet no one was buying bikes then...
  • Headhuunter
    itboffin wrote:
    i'm told their customer service is somewhat lacking, I've not had that experience personally and I do love their 'cost effective' product ranges.

If your around on Friday I'll have my Ribble winter, I might even let you look at it :wink:

Ooh lovely. Actually someone on the Sunday club ride with Dulwich Paragon last weekend was riding a Ribble winter bike with mudguards etc, Tiagra group. It looked very smart all in navy blue...
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    edited April 2010
    I emailed x 6 saying I wanted to give them £1k for a bike, never a reply; tried over a whole week to phone, eventually got through, very rude and unhelpful, Planet-X got my money instead as a result (buying from them was a dream, they actually act like they want the business). I would have liked a Ribble, but however good their bikes are, no business is getting my cash if they value my business so little.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    itboffin wrote:

Ooh lovely. Actually someone on the Sunday club ride with Dulwich Paragon last weekend was riding a Ribble winter bike with mudguards etc, Tiagra group. It looked very smart all in navy blue...

Interesting one of the blokes at work here is also a DP, rides a blue winter ribble with guards however he has taste, Campag baby all the way!!!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.