Kuota Seatpost

Shaun20
Shaun20 Posts: 218
edited April 2014 in Road buying advice
This is a bit of a long shot but does anybody know where I can get a 0mm set back seatpost for an '08 Kuota Kebel. Currently I have the 22mm version and it has too much setback. I have emailed some dealers and waiting for some response, so far no luck. So meanwhile I thought I would post on here for some advice and with a small possibility someone has one kicking around.

Thanks
Shaun.

Comments

• kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    is this in an integrated seatpost ?

Seem to remember someone doing a generic seatpost - which ajusted as as you tightened the clamp...................will have a google !

Here we go !

http://adventure-cycling.com/product/fs ... 6022-1.htm
  • Shaun20
    Kingrollo the Kebel does not have an integrated post, but it is the same aero profile as the seatube therefore I need the dedicated post for the frame. Although I do believe the Kharma and Kebel posts are the same. From the pictures I have seen Kharmas come with the zero setback, but Kebels with the 22mm but I dont know why.

Thanks
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    Have you spoken to the importer DW agencies ?

Mind you the bloke I spoke to there was the most obnoxious\unhelpful guy I have ever come across !!!! - I was after a spare seatpost - be after he told 'the shop where you brought the bike' - I researched an aero seatpost - that would fit different frames. Since then I have decided to keep an eye on the current models to see when then they stop making this type seatpost.
  • Shaun20
    Yes I have spoken to them, they said they are available to order through a dealer. I am waiting for the dealers I have contacted to get back to me. Although one has replied and said none are in stock at the moment.

Hopefully I will have more success today.
  • teckel
    teckel Posts: 1
    Shaun20 wrote:
    This is a bit of a long shot but does anybody know where I can get a 0mm set back seatpost for an '08 Kuota Kebel. Currently I have the 22mm version and it has too much setback. I have emailed some dealers and waiting for some response, so far no luck. So meanwhile I thought I would post on here for some advice and with a small possibility someone has one kicking around.

Thanks
    Shaun.

I actually have the seatpost you're looking for and selling it. My Kebel was used as a road/tri combination but I now have a dedicated tri bike so the 0mm seatpost is no longer needed. I was going to put it on eBay but couldn't find anyone selling anything even similar (only one Kuota seatpost sold in the last month for all Kuota bikes!). That's how I found your message.

Anyway, if you're still interested, I have one for sale. The only problem is that it was expensive! I believe my dealer charged me something like $250. It is carbon, so I get why it' wasn't $50, but still. $250?!? I'm in the US BTW.

Tim
  • Im looking for a pre 2010 Kuota Kalibur Seatpost if anyone has one, or any idea of where I can get one. Looked at Bellati sport and TRY4you.com, but no initial success.

If anyone has ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    Stephen
  • Shaun20
  • Try Andy at Bikescience in Derby he may be able to assist in your quest. He is a Kuota dealer and a very helpful and knowledgeable lad.