Raising money for children by cycling across Cambodia!

jezford2002
jezford2002 Posts: 2
Thanks so much for taking the time to visit this post!

I am participating in this year's Cycle Cambodia 2010 challenge in aid of the charity International Childcare Trust (ICT). The challenge is to cover over 450km in less than 5 days in around 40 degrees heat!

I took part in ICT's Cycle Kenya event in 2007 also and whilst the physical challenge is in itself pretty full-on, nothing prepared me for the absolute rollercoaster of emotions one feels when you visit the actual project at the end of the challenge. It was overwhelming in every sense. Over 300 children greeted us with singing, dancing and paintings - their joy all the more baffling when you witness the circumstances and surroundings they live in.

Since that day, I have helped ICT in any way I can and this year have signed up to take part in the Cycle Cambodia event to take place this November. It will be physically challenging as always but the end also brings with it the reality of the world the children we are hoping to help live in.

This is what makes this charity and this challenge unique. You actually witness where the generous donations from friends, colleagues and families actually go. In this case, it is the M’Lop Tapang project in Cambodia.

Please sponsor me now at www.justgiving.com/jeremyridescambodia !

M’Lop Tapang’s primary goal is family reunification. The Outreach Team aims to develop positive relationships with families who are unable, but not unwilling, to take care of their children. These families, their children and M’Lop Tapang social workers endeavor to identify and find solutions to their problems. M’Lop Tapang is committed to maintaining its presence as a safe option for the children of Sihanoukville and follows up every case of family reunification.

I would also like to make it clear that I will personally be covering 100% of any costs attributed to my travel etc so I can guarantee 100% of your donation will go to the charity.

So please dig deep and donate now. Even just £5 or £10 will make a huge difference to these childrens' lives.

Many thanks for your time!

Jeremy

PS for more information about the event itself, visit www.cyclecambodia.co.uk