Trek EX8 - latest blingage (page 2)

trekhead
trekhead Posts: 626
edited September 2010 in Your mountain bikes
Brand new today, complete Elixir 5`s to replace the Juicy 5`s provided FOC by Avid after 14 months. Cheers Avid.
Tango cassette and new KNC gold chain.
Coming soon, X0 shifters and rear mech (tango obviously) and Chris King BB - in mango 8)

cbclamp029.jpg
ole ginger b*ll*cks / the ginger ninja

Comments

• The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    8)

Very nice..... you're as bad as me!!! :D
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    that is so pimp. looks amazng
  • so have you ridden it yet? :P
  • trekhead
    yeah man, 30+ miles today and yes it did get shitty. I`d just washed it when I took the pic.
  • I've been out-tangoed and I am most dis-pleased by this :evil:

Close-ups of the tango cassette please.
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    Looking great Trekhead, I do like orange coloured bits! What's the saddle with orange rails?
    Also are they the Crank Brothers Opium wheels? if so how are you finding them?...really tempted to buy a set but worried they might not be quite strong enough for my sketchy landings.
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • trekhead
    Mac
    wheels are the AM Iodines and they are superb, super stiff with no problems in
    10 or so months. The seat is the stock Bontrager seat that came on the bike from new, I sprayed the rails orange, inspired by the seat on my District.

CWNT
    just for you, soak up the orange goodness :wink:

cbclamp035.jpg
  • Zaskar20
    Zaskar20 Posts: 557
    Still looking good Trekhead. :D
  • coxy17
    coxy17 Posts: 401
    nice bike how come u got your brakes replaces my dad keeps saying how nice them wheels are if the price is a bit on the steep side do u find there an improvment over the standard ones
  • trekhead
    Coxy
    the brakes were replaced because the lever on the juicy 5`s wouldn`t return. To be honest, I think it was my fault because I`d lubed them quite often through the winter and I think that swells the seals or `O` rings or something. Anyways, at first Avid didn`t want to know because I`d swapped the original hoses for orange Jagwires, so they said that alone invalidates the warranty and the fact that they were 14 months old. But Nigel at our LBS ( I`m sure you know Atkins in Clemens Street in Leamington) got on the phone and blagged them and they just said send them back and we`ll replace them with new Elixirs - result!
    Oh yeah, the wheels are a real trick bit of kit. I built up the original Bonties during the winter and they just felt crap compared to the CB`s, and they look a million dollars too - just my opinion. :D
  • coxy17
    yer thats the shop the bike came from are the elxirs better than the 5s i dont like my 3s and there leaking oil so would like to up grade soon when funds allow
  • coxy17
    yer thats the shop the bike came from are the elxirs better than the 5s i dont like my 3s and there leaking oil so would like to up grade soon when funds allow
  • pdid
    pdid Posts: 1,065
    Best looking EX8 i`ve ever seen. Well done fella :D
  • trekhead
    edited May 2010
    Fresh out of the boxes today: x0 rear mech, X0 shifters and Sram / Truvativ 3.3 noir crank, all tango - obviously.
    Haven`t had a chance for a decent spin yet, but will give it some at Cannock on Sunday.

x0002.jpg

x0006.jpg

x0007.jpg

x0018.jpg

x0016.jpg

x0026.jpg
  • D-Cyph3r
    D-Cyph3r Posts: 847
    Awesome. Awesome to the max. i'm planning on changing my SLX/XT gear to redwin X0 aswell dude, so i'll be interested to know how you find the shifting/pedalling when you hit the trails. :wink:
  • coxy17
    really nice bike u have now it was in the shop the same time as mine
    by any chance are u selling the slx chainset if so can we have first refusal
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    not enough orange.

bike looks amazing
  • trekhead
    Thanks guys.
    Coxy
    I`ll probably keep the SLX for some sort of winter hack. If I change my mind though, I`ll PM you

Sean
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    best looking bike on the forum that is, feaking amazing 8)
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Absolutely brilliant looking bike. Congrats.

My vote for Best Bike of the Year 8)

Although you need to change the brake lines for Orange ones to finish it off now :wink:
  • trekhead

Cat:
    I did have orange Jagwire hoses on it, but when the new Elixers were fitted under warranty, they put stock black ones on. Could change them back though I suppose.
  • trekhead
    The only problem with them is that they are a different shade of orange from the Jagwire cables, so not sure about putting them back on :roll:
  • cgarossi
    cgarossi Posts: 729
    Very nice!

Are those Crank Brothers wheels? How much did they set you back?

I have the black/white/gold version of the same bike and its going through some changes too.
  • trekhead
    Yeah they`re CB wheels. I got them not long after they came out. I don`t want to say what I paid for them, but I did get a good deal. :wink:
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    That is one stunning bike.
  • Hi bud, I was in the shop this morning & Alex mentioned your bling bits.
    Looking good mate.
  • trekhead
    cheers mate. sorry I missed your call this morning. Speak to you later
  • trekhead
    Just got back from my first proper ride - about 14 miles. Got to say the bike feels fantastic again. It pedals really freely and seems more responsive than before. Shifting is slicker than the Gulf of Mexico and the new brakes have bedded in nicely. Just got to get used to the X0 shifters, might have to tinker with the positioning a bit. Think I`ll get me some new pedals later as these are fecked.
    The word awesome is way over used, but I`m tempted, very tempted.
    Sorry if I`m becoming a bore, but I stopped for a breather and took these:

x0035.jpg

x0042.jpg