Best place to lock bike in Oxford Street??

razzleGiant
razzleGiant Posts: 7
edited April 2010 in Commuting chat
Hi,

Does anyone know of any safe places you can recommend leaving your bike in central London please?? (I.e. oxford street, covent garden etc)

thanks!

Comments

• PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Hi -

do you mean some sort of proper secure parking, or are you just looking for locations of sheffield stands etc?
  • CTank
    CTank Posts: 46
    The carpark of Selfridges is a bit of a gem. Covered, cameras, guards, and free to all comers. Just access it from Edwardes Mews, at the rear of the store, and cycle up the ramp to the 1st floor.

It's the only place I'd consider, if I didn't have parking at work.
  • oscarbudgie
    oscarbudgie Posts: 850
    NCP on Poland St?
    Cannondale Supersix / CAAD9 / Boardman 9.0 / Benotto 3000
  • artaxerxes
    artaxerxes Posts: 612
    I know of a few quiet places outdoors in that area, but I'm afraid if I announce their locations on a public forum my bike would get stolen next time...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,200
    CTank wrote:
    The carpark of Selfridges is a bit of a gem. Covered, cameras, guards, and free to all comers. Just access it from Edwardes Mews, at the rear of the store, and cycle up the ramp to the 1st floor.

It's the only place I'd consider, if I didn't have parking at work.
    Good tip and ditto re: the bike parking at work.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Thanks for the great tips and advice from everyone and I completely understand artaxerxes' point about giving away this info on safe places to park so feel free to send me a private message with the info (please!)

thanks all...