Youtube Upload rules and Eurosport coverage.

jerry3571
jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
edited April 2010 in Pro race
Hello,
I've got some old videos of recorded Cycling from Eurosport. Is it not illegal if I Upload this material on to Youtube??
One video shows the 1998 Vuelta Espana where Lance Armstrong first finds his climbing legs after Cancer and this race was to be the catalyst for next year's attempt at his 1st Tour de France win.
Shame if it is illegal. They do have a fair bit of Eurosport stuff on Youtube already..?? :?
I could try to video "me watching the cycling videos" which may change the Copyright issues :wink:

Any help would be good.
-Jerry
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
-Jacques Anquetil

Comments

• AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    Legally:no you can't do that. but at worst, your vids will be removed by Youtube.
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    cartoon.jpg
  • jerry3571
    Hello,
    I might see if I can give Youtube a go but this website looks ok- http://cyclingtorrents.nl/

I did get an AVG check on this website as my Siteadvisor didn't give a result but AVG said it was a good site and so this could be a good option.
    Thanks a lot
    -Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

-Jacques Anquetil
  • jim one
    jim one Posts: 183
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    jerry3571 wrote:
    Hello,
    I've got some old videos of recorded Cycling from Eurosport. Is it not illegal if I Upload this material on to Youtube??
    One video shows the 1998 Vuelta Espana where Lance Armstrong first finds his climbing legs after Cancer and this race was to be the catalyst for next year's attempt at his 1st Tour de France win.
    Shame if it is illegal. They do have a fair bit of Eurosport stuff on Youtube already..?? :?
    I could try to video "me watching the cycling videos" which may change the Copyright issues :wink:

Any help would be good.
    -Jerry

Actually, you CAN do it legally but only if you use the videos only in part and use it as part of some sort of commentary. Copyright law does allow you to use other people's copyrighted stuff in this manner. So, you could do a video about how Lance returned from cancer and show clips from his ride up the mountains - maybe the key parts.
  • jerry3571
    Torrents do concern me a bit as I've used Torrnet sites where I think I've downloaded more than the actual item.

Thanks again

-Jerry

-Jacques Anquetil
  • stjohnswell
    stjohnswell Posts: 482
    Wow -that site looks great. Shame that for me that the turbo trainer season is passed already. I'm gonna have loads of material for the winter.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    jim one wrote:
    +1 as they say. It's run by cycling fans for cycling fans and is a great resource.
  • rockmount
    rockmount Posts: 761
    Doobz wrote:

+1
    .. who said that, internet forum people ?