probems under braking.

rhann
rhann Posts: 383
edited April 2010 in The workshop
under braking i have a lot of vibration coming from the front, I have a marzocchi r22 lo fork, avid juicy 3 brake and some rubbish four year old generic hub on a generic wheel that came with the bike from halfords, I never had the problem with the old brake and the wheel but i know have it with this one is it a case of the brake not beeing set up properly or more likely the wheel, if its the wheel this is my potential solution although it is more wheel then my bikes worth it is interchangeable. http://www.mavic.com/mtb/products/ex-721.995015.2.aspx also is it going to be compatible with a 26 x 1.6 or 1.8 cant remember Michelin city tyre, I cant find the rim size anywhere plus what are benefits of this wheel downsides e.t.c.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    check for play in. the headset,the fork legs. the hub, check the rotor is attached to the hub correctly.

check that the disc is not contaminated and the calliper is correctly aligned.

and all the bolts are tight.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • rhann
    forks are brand new as are the brakes i cant feel any play in the headset.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    then let them bed in.

still does not mean that everything is tight.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • rhann
    been on for about 2-3 weeks only really started last week, was thinking about letting them bed in but trying to see if there was any other reason for it.