Why Knickers?

rally200
rally200 Posts: 646
edited April 2010 in Commuting chat
Why?

I don't get it.

What is the advantage in leaving a tiny part of your lower leg exposed?

(I only ask 'cos I can get some cheapish)

Comments

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Keep your knee joints warm but not too warm (I suppose)
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • amnezia
    amnezia Posts: 590
    I don't understand.. are you talking about womens underwear of 3/4 tights?
  • tri-sexual
    tri-sexual Posts: 672
    i dont care what you are talking about
    please post some photos of women in knickers please :lol:
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    tri-sexual wrote:
    i dont care what you are talking about
    please post some photos of women in knickers please :lol:

Cake Stop is that way :arrow:
    :)
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    Because they can be more comfortable then a thong when wearing.... wait this is the kinda thing I've been told "dear lord don't share THAT!!!!!"

hehe
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    if you mean bib 3/4's then it's my personal choice to wear them (if you mean knickers of the girly, frilly variety it's also my personal choice NOT to wear them!).

No real difference to full length tights apart from tights sounding a bit girly too and 3/4's to me look better and also show off my finely sculpted calves as I leave other riders eating my dust :wink:
    FCN = 4
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    i think it's a fashion thing more than a performance thing. But that extra bit of exposed skin will keep you cooler than being covered in full tights.
  • snailracer
    snailracer Posts: 968
    When I cycle I find my thighs are warm but my calves cold. Logically, I should wear thick football socks pulled over my knees and a thong :) .
  • rally200
    rally200 Posts: 646
    OK

we've established that there's not really any tech/perfomance advantage in knickers - so (more importantly) what do we think of the look of a man in knickers?

three-quarters that is,

not frillies - that would just be disturbing, I imagine, not that I spend a lot of time imagining that , er