So today this was built in our workshop...

Andy B
Andy B Posts: 8,115
edited April 2010 in MTB general
4505821228_606cfe3244_b.jpg

Apologies for the pic, was taken on my phone
2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg

Comments

• RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    Going to have to give me a clue. What's so special about it..?
  • Andy B
    RealMan wrote:
    Going to have to give me a clue. What's so special about it..?
    It's the nicest bike I've sold & built whilst working in the shop, a £2900 Cube Fritzz The One (full spec on website)

Fox TALAS fork
    Fox RP23 Shock
    Formula The One brakes
    XT drivetrain
    Sun Ringle wheelset

etc etc...
  • RealMan
    Not been working there long then? :D

Its ok I guess.
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Ooh.. a bike
    And! It cost [just] a little more than average..

Only the Germans could name an FS bike Fritzz :D

It's nice..
  • Andy B
    Ooh.. a bike
    And! It cost [just] a little more than average...
    Average price in the range, but not the average price of bikes sold though, I'd say that was more around £800-£1k

Not everyone rides ~£3k bikes ;)
  • RealMan
    Got plenty of bikes like that in my bike shop. I think even that exact one (different colour though). A guy who works in the bike shop said he was thinking about buying one, had to stop myself from saying "but you don't ride.."
  • nickfrog
    nickfrog Posts: 610
    I like it very much. I like the matt black paintwork. The stem is about twice too long though.
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    That's a nice looking bike. I hope the splatter guard is effective for protecting the shock, and that it doesn't clog and foul the wheel path.
  • rudedog
    rudedog Posts: 523
    thats a fair gap between the rear wheel and seat tube.
  • rudedog
    rudedog Posts: 523
    thats a fair gap between the rear wheel and seat tube.
  • RealMan wrote:
    Got plenty of bikes like that in my bike shop. I think even that exact one (different colour though). A guy who works in the bike shop said he was thinking about buying one, had to stop myself from saying "but you don't ride.."

Like most high end bikes sold then,the amount of bikes you see in pictures that are immaculately clean either on websites or ebay . See plenty of them attached to high end german automobiles, roof racks are the most excitement some bikes get.

£1.25 for sign up http://www.quidco.com/user/491172/42301

Cashback on wiggle,CRC,evans follow the link
    http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/MTBkarl
  • Top tube looks short so the stem is probably right to keep it from being too upright. Very Euro (not in a good way). Nice looking bike cosmetically though. Not sure you can get a better although exceptionally non-pc name for a german bike than Fritzz. Quite sure if Orange had tried it someone would have taken exception! :wink:
    Scott Genius 08, Marin Rock Springs 08, Marin Pine Mountain 89
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    That's cool Andy - good looking bike IMHO. That sort of bike is way above my means, most I have spent on a bike is half that (a Ti hardtail).
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    So far I've never seen an ugly Cube. This one's mint too.

But how do you mean it was built?
    Put the wheels and pedals on and twisted the handlebars or you've changed some stock parts?
  • RealMan
    Like most high end bikes sold then,the amount of bikes you see in pictures that are immaculately clean either on websites or ebay . See plenty of them attached to high end german automobiles, roof racks are the most excitement some bikes get.

Have a read:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/how-clean
  • there's last years model of that in my lbs, in the White, maroony red yellow colour, Love the bike, really is a nice bit of kit But no need for a 160mm travel bike! otherwise i'd have begged, borrowed etc. to have it in the shed! :wink:
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • Andy B
    Xtreem wrote:
    So far I've never seen an ugly Cube. This one's mint too.

But how do you mean it was built?
    Put the wheels and pedals on and twisted the handlebars or you've changed some stock parts?
    Basic out of the box build, bars not attached to stem, fit saddle to seatpost, swap brakes to the UK way (Cube send the bikes with the brakes opposite to how we ride here), fit pedals, set gears & brakes as well as setting up the fork & shock for the customer, relatively basic stuff, but seen as most of the bikes we sell cost from £120-£1000, selling a £2900 bike in my 1st month of working at the shop is pretty cool.