First dry ride today

nickfrog
nickfrog Posts: 610
edited April 2010 in MTB general
Wow. After riding through the winter, I simply forgot how much quicker it is in the dry.
Also, it was my first time on the new bike in the dry. I needed to quicken the damping on the REBAS though...

Comments

• lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    had my first dry ride of the year yesterday, and was amazed at just how quick i found myself going :) didnt have to worry about tyres sliding out or anything, just off the brakes and ragging it 8)
  • pastasauce
    pastasauce Posts: 221
    Had my first DRY ride last night and it was great.

Smells of summer drifting about after a long warm day, fast dirt trails and not having to jetwash the bike after a ride remind you why you do it.
  • hoochylala
    hoochylala Posts: 987
    It makes all that hard slogging through the winter so much more worth it in the summer. Pfft to all the fair weather riders :)
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    Quite warm and sunny here, but still plenty of mud.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    RealMan wrote:
    Quite warm and sunny here, but still plenty of mud.

Yup!

I was lucky enough to enjoy the odd 'dry' patch last night though. Still needed to hose down the bike when I got back though.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    I just got back in from cleaning the bike from last nights ride. Was a brilliant night, we had 10 out and its only our second ride of the year. Bike still very muddy though - not caked, but took a good bit of cleaning. Brilliantly sunny and hot outside now, just about to pop out on the unicycle I think..

Riding tomorrow, away from the coast, if the weather holds it might be dry and dusty (fingers crossed). :D
  • rudedog
    rudedog Posts: 523
    pastasauce wrote:
    Had my first DRY ride last night and it was great.

Smells of summer drifting about after a long warm day, fast dirt trails and not having to jetwash the bike after a ride remind you why you do it.

Think I was 15 the last time I had a dry ride.
  • It is lush out there - done 45 miles on and off road in the last three days and needed a lift home I was so knackered! Can't wait to get out on Sunday!! :D
    Scott Genius 08, Marin Rock Springs 08, Marin Pine Mountain 89
  • nickfrog
    nickfrog Posts: 610
    I started at 8.30 so had to wear a base layer + jersey. By 9.00 the base layer had gone as it felt like 20 degrees. The South Downs were beautiful this morning, Cissbury ring, Chanctonbury ring, Lancing ring, for those from Sussex... No other bikes though. Will be different this weekend I guess. Anyone riding up the Downs on sunday ?
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    i'm going on a nice dry ride tomorrow morning, i cant wait :D i got all excited earlier i gave the bike some tweeks to make it faster

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • Can't wait either as I only started Oct 2009 and no lie have not had a dry ride yet! it'll probably piss down tonight now I've said this :D
  • wow didn't know about the auto replace word thingy and typed p*ss and it came out as wee-wee
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    yeah there's a swear filter you can't say fuck shit cunt piss cock or bastard

EDIT: I suppose you can say the last one :lol:

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • Alienman
    Alienman Posts: 91
    I've already had some nice dry rides this season 8)
    '09 Rocky Mountain Fusion