Lady, brown/red hair, hi-viz, specialized hardrock.

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited April 2010 in Commuting chat
You numpty!

The story:

I was riding along towards Colliers Wood tube this was between 7pm - 8pm. I pull out, give enough room, and pass a woman on a black Specialized Hardrock. I haven't cut her up, I pedal some more, I create a good distance between us.

The woman is pedalling at about 10mph, I'm going about 20mph.

I notice that a car on my right (heading in my direction) has stopped before a side road (on my left) and is letting an oncoming car turn right into said side road. I've noticed this in good and decent time. I've noticed this so early in fact that had I continued, I could have passed through without incident. On the safe side, I slow down. I stop.

A guy on a Specialized Sirrus, riding with me since Clapham has kept pace and is with me and the Woman. I'm worried that if he is behind me as I'm slowing to a stop he won't do so in time.

I feel the bump of something hitting my back tyre. I look behind me. The woman and the guy are talking, she is looking increasingly annoyed as she talks to him. I think nothing of it. (Incidentally the guy was behind the woman and managed to stop in time).

I pass Colliers Wood the guy catches up to me and says that the woman was complaining that I:

1). Shouldn't have stopped.

The guy of the Sirrus (cheers mate) was defending me, saying I stopped in good time, and had I not I would have been run over. He didn't know what her problem was.

I tried to defend myself but she wasn't interested in listening.

What I quickly realised is that woman was in no position to stop. Had I not been there she would have ridden through and been knocked over.

Fooking Numpty.
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    surely in the new/too many commuters thread.. she's just unaware of how unpleasant being left hooked is... hopefully she'll learn the easy way
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • DonDaddyD
    It angered me so much it deserved its own thread.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,417
    Or maybe 'My Rants Here (DDD Special Edition)' :P
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Feel better now?
  • artaxerxes
    artaxerxes Posts: 612
    There did seem to be an inordinate number of two-wheeled-twits on the roads this morning.
    I've been cycling more slowly and defensively with the good weather, in expectation of some dodgy commuter peloton riding.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I think not... I stubbed my toe this morning.. didn't even twitter about it
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    A guy on a Specialized Sirrus ... catches up to me

Guess what bit stuck with me from DDD's story? Sounds like someone got scalped by a hybrid! :lol:
    Never be tempted to race against a Barclays Cycle Hire bike. If you do, there are only two outcomes. Of these, by far the better is that you now have the scalp of a Boris Bike.
  • DonDaddyD
    Sirrus guy was a rapid spinner I give him that....

Kelsen, yeah I fell better now.
    Food Chain number = 4